GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 GTI Black manual 6 speed - needs new motor or parts car.

kobeoh

Passed Driver's Ed
APR STAGE 2 GTI Black manual 6 speed (TSI)- needs new motor or parts car.

$3,500 OBO!!!
Newton, MA

Looking to sell as a whole. The engine blew at 130,000 miles after I just put around $1k into fixing various things the car will need to be towed. The car is in really good shape. The only thing wrong with it is the engine, and the headliner is starting to come apart in the front by the back seat lights. I already have too much money to sunk in to warrant paying someone to put in an engine. If you have the ability to do this yourself that would make this a great car again. Or if you have an 06-09 GTI this would make a great parts car. The car has an APR stage 2 tune and down pipe. RSR clutch. DC springs Forge Twin-take. Upgraded radio with Bluetooth. All electronics, window motors and everything work great. The brakes, calipers and all that are solid. No tears in the seats. 2 sets of floor mats.

The likely cause of the engine failure was the faulty manifold with a combination of the fuel pump.The paint and body is in great shape.

Text for fast response: 860-752-9594 will add pics soon.

Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Pics and description of how f@$%ed the motor is plz (no oil pressure, rod sticking out of the block, etc)

kobeoh

Passed Driver's Ed
Pics and description of how f@$%ed the motor is plz (no oil pressure, rod sticking out of the block, etc)

Physically the engine looks fine. I don't see any rods or anything abnormal.

Quick description, if the engine is under 2000 rpm a Low oil pressure alert goes off, in addition to the engine fault workshop. Anything over 2k rpm and it was fine.

Its been sitting since July 22nd. It currently turns on but does not run. I don't have the time (or space anymore) to even pick it apart.

kobeoh

Passed Driver's Ed