GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Nice. Can't wait for updates, looks like things are going to get exciting quick.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks guys, once I get the car back I will do a full review, hopefully with a little track time vid as well.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Went down to see car today. Needs intake to be finished up but main tube to turbo has been fitted, need to weld on the bend to air filter and powdercoat. Everything else plumbed. Wiring for Aquamist next week and the plan is to have it ready for dyno by end of next week. After talking with tuner we will probably shoot for low 400's to keep heat down and keep it a reliable track car that will last a while.

Last edited:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hell yeah! That's great. Your rims are waaayy too shiny for the track though!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hell yeah! That's great. Your rims are waaayy too shiny for the track though!

No argument there. I run 2 sets of wheels/tires. New street set pictured above. I run another set of wheels with racing slicks for track (BBS and Advan0058)

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The lastest update is that they have about 3 more hours work on the Aquamist system, then to the dyno for tuning, then final alignment and corner balance. So getting close. Dyno tuning will consist of seeing how we come out with RS4 injectors and Aquamist running 100% Methanol. Then if power not sufficient we will add a 5th injector.

I may actually drive it this year....

plumpzz

Ready to race!
Excited to hear how you do. We’re clones! Mine stopped overboosting with warmer weather and WMI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Excited to hear how you do. We’re clones! Mine stopped overboosting with warmer weather and WMI.

That is good to hear. Hopefully this thing will be headed to dyno next week.
Are you happy with the performance?

plumpzz

Ready to race!
That is good to hear. Hopefully this thing will be headed to dyno next week.

Are you happy with the performance?

So far, yes. The Aquamist really cleaned up timing. I’m getting it retuned this week for improved boost control and should be redyno sometime this month. I plan on doing a 28psi run with methanol setting total timing to around 18 degrees. Anticipating 400+ awhp. Car boosts great as well. I hit 28psi somewhere between 2800 and 3500 depending on weather and humidity.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So far, yes. The Aquamist really cleaned up timing. I’m getting it retuned this week for improved boost control and should be redyno sometime this month. I plan on doing a 28psi run with methanol setting total timing to around 18 degrees. Anticipating 400+ awhp. Car boosts great as well. I hit 28psi somewhere between 2800 and 3500 depending on weather and humidity.

Thanks for sharing. We are starting with RS4 injectors and 100% Methanol direct inject Aquamist and have a 5th fuel injector system on the standby if we need more power. Car will be tuned for track use and I want to be able to run it all out all day long without worrying about heat issues etc. so we will probably hold the power down. My original goal was 450 though I am sure with proper fueling we could do more but I am going to resist the temptation to push the system. Sounds like system is spooling up nice and early that is good to hear. That will make it nice for track. I was worried about turbo lag but that sounds about what I was doing with my K04 which I really enjoyed.

plumpzz

Ready to race!
Thanks for sharing. We are starting with RS4 injectors and 100% Methanol direct inject Aquamist and have a 5th fuel injector system on the standby if we need more power. Car will be tuned for track use and I want to be able to run it all out all day long without worrying about heat issues etc. so we will probably hold the power down. My original goal was 450 though I am sure with proper fueling we could do more but I am going to resist the temptation to push the system. Sounds like system is spooling up nice and early that is good to hear. That will make it nice for track. I was worried about turbo lag but that sounds about what I was doing with my K04 which I really enjoyed.

Great. I don’t think you’ll have a problem with fuel below 25psi. I ran out of fuel around 28 psi but upgraded the LPFP system and modified the low pressure return. The Aquamist isn’t for fueling it’s purely for egt and timing control.

Good luck. I’ll post a dyno once everything is settled.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Great. I don’t think you’ll have a problem with fuel below 25psi. I ran out of fuel around 28 psi but upgraded the LPFP system and modified the low pressure return. The Aquamist isn’t for fueling it’s purely for egt and timing control.

Good luck. I’ll post a dyno once everything is settled.

Since I have a MKV I had to upgrade the fuel delivery all the way through.
TTRS LPFP with Torquebyte PM3
155 FPRv
APR HPFP
RS4 inj

And yup, we are going to be using the Aquamist for fueling as well as cooling.

Mine should be heading to dyno for tuning soon I hope. Possibly this week or next.