GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Fueling Setups / Solutions

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Honestly, with the tuning complications of those, I don't see that there is a benefit. The RS4 injectors will support the same numbers and have a lot of support.

jacques1397

Figured we could all benefit from a thread that mainly focuses on the hpfp and lpfp options available for our platform. I've been trying to find a bulletproof solution without the need of adding more injectors.

Possible Low Pressure Fueling Setups for Big Turbo Applications:
will update list as more setups are mentioned

- Torqbyte's PM3 w/ intank pump of your choice (Aeromotive 340 and Deatschwerks Dw65v are pumps Ive tested)
- TTRS pump being controlled by Torqbyte's CM5
- APR's inline Lpfp kit
- USP's Aux pump kit
- Custom surge tank setup
- Aftermarket Pump in modified OEM basket

High Pressure Fueling Options:

- Integrated Engineering
- APR
- HPA
- JHM
- LOBA
- HpfpUpgrade
- Autotech
- KMD

here's where I currently stand.
(I'll post this in my build thread as well)
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185571

Turbo:
Precision 5858

Fueling components:
- RS4 injectors
- RS4 rail valve
- Integrated Engineering HPFP
- Aeromotive 340 pump with custom basket
-APR inline lpfp kit

With the parts listed above we were able to tune the car for 25psi with the limiting factor being the lpfp.

I ditched the APR lpfp kit since that seemed to be a bottleneck in my system and then added the Torqbyte_ PM3 module. With the PM3 installed were able to increase the boost by 2psi (27psi total) since it was now able to supply more fuel.

The lpfp pressure was holding MUCH better going in the higher rpms. Before adding the PM3 my low pressure would be in the 3's by redline but now it doesn't go below 4.5bar

About a week ago I decided to try out the deatschwerks Dw65v pump since I've read a lot of positive things.

I ran into a few snags when trying to install the dw65v. As you can see in the pic below its a lot bigger than the 340 pump. The bracket that held the 340 pump was too small to fit the dw65v...so as a temporary fix I have it held in place with a zip tie. Also, the dw65v pump did not come with a fuel strainer so I got a generic one from autozone, cut it so it would fit around the pump like a sock and put a clamp around it. I'm still waiting to hear back from deatschwerks to get me one that will fit.

Here is a graph I made showing the 340 pump with the PM3 vs the dw65v with the PM3

The flow is pretty similar except towards the higher rpms, where it really counts. With the 340 pump I would feel the car wanting to misfire towards redline but with the dw65v that feeling is gone. The DW pump is also much quieter and overall feel through the rpms feels solid.

Updated graphs showing the 340 with pm3 vs the dw65v with pm3:

While the PM3 is doing what it's designed to do, I want more powArrr. I think I could get a lot more out of the DW pump with a few more changes. When logging the lpfp duty (block 106)... the max duty the ecu will "allow" is 91.8%. Other's data logs I've seen online will confirm this as well. Getting a higher duty % leads me to the next goodie on my wish list.

I plan on upgrading from eurodynes BM+ to Torqbyte's CM5 and using that to give the pump the extra juice it needs. Yes, i know the BM+ could run the pump too, but it's older technology and can overheat easily. I also don't really care for the BM+ interface. I'm waiting for Torqbyte's CM5 software to be released before I pull the trigger but hopefully it will be soon [emoji106]��

Check back for my updates!

Post your setups on here too!

UPDATE: 8-24-15

installed new goodies earlier this afternoon

Made a new harness for the new map sensor

Making another harness to go from the CM5 to the oem lpfp controller

New map sensor tucked away

CM5 connected to oem controller and CM5 connected to the PM3 [emoji106]?

I'll just leave this here [emoji41]

UPDATE: 9-12-15

pulled the trigger on a walbro 450. Should hopefully have it later next week

UPDATE: 9-24-15

Walbro450 vs dw65v size comparison

Walbro 450 has been installed and running just fine. Just need to to a few more tweaks to get the pump map perfect. I think the rs4 injectors are finally maxed out
Hi man. Sorry I am seeing this thread now. I have a MKV GTI K04 amd recenlty upgrade tot Walbro 450 due to fuel pressure drops. Car requested 5 bar and pump supplied only 2 bar at higher rpm.

Built in my Walbro on the OEM PWM controller and all wired up. Car runs and took it for a spin. At 6000 rpm ish cut out and load on the pump was 91.8 - It died and had to slowly come to a stop. Gave it 20 seconds and restart. Restarted without an issue. Drove home and all fine. Took the slow drive. 3 errors came up, 2 due to the drop in pressure and one due to ellectical cut out.

Did you have to upgrade to better PWM ? Or can you use OEM one ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jacques1397

Hi

Sorry for the hijack

Do you know if the Audi A4 2009 1.8T Fuel Pump Controller will work on the MKV ?

I have a walbro 450 retrofitted, but now my controller is screwed. So sourcing a better one, or the same one again. But no funds to go PM3 at all

Car is a MKV GTI running S3 Injectors and S3 K04 with all the other goodies. Just trying to get the fueling 100%

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hi

Sorry for the hijack

Do you know if the Audi A4 2009 1.8T Fuel Pump Controller will work on the MKV ?

I have a walbro 450 retrofitted, but now my controller is screwed. So sourcing a better one, or the same one again. But no funds to go PM3 at all

Car is a MKV GTI running S3 Injectors and S3 K04 with all the other goodies. Just trying to get the fueling 100%

Just buy stock another controller for that setup... about 80 dollars. I had similar setup and ran stock LPFP and controller with a race file daily with plenty of fuel to redline. No need for upgraded lpfp or PM3 with a K04 setup in my experience.

jacques1397

Just buy stock another controller for that setup... about 80 dollars. I had similar setup and ran stock LPFP and controller with a race file daily with plenty of fuel to redline. No need for upgraded lpfp or PM3 with a K04 setup in my experience.
Thanks man. Well already upgrade it to the Walbro now....managed to get another stock PWM to test with and see if it solves my issue. Hopefully have it by this weekend.

If it works I need to pay the guy and if not I can just send it back.

In South Africa parts are very expensive, going PM3 and Walbro 450 would be a whole months salary plus extra [emoji85][emoji85]

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thanks man. Well already upgrade it to the Walbro now....managed to get another stock PWM to test with and see if it solves my issue. Hopefully have it by this weekend.

If it works I need to pay the guy and if not I can just send it back.

In South Africa parts are very expensive, going PM3 and Walbro 450 would be a whole months salary plus extra [emoji85][emoji85]

Can't you have someone in US purchase and send to you? Postage can't be that bad on a part that small.

jacques1397

Can't you have someone in US purchase and send to you? Postage can't be that bad on a part that small.
I can indeed - But even Rand to Dollar is bad. If all else fails will buy second hand in the US and have someome ship it for me. Thanks for all the info man [emoji1305]

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I would've sent you my old one that I replaced just to see if it was my problem but it turned out my lpfp is failing...and I threw out the old controller.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Nice...I looked in S. Africa for part stores that could get the controller and found nothing for him.

jacques1397

Thanks so much guys....so good to be part of a community to keep these beauty MKV's running

I am found someone to borrow me a controller for testing. Awaiting delivery and pjping for the Walbro [emoji51]

Hopefully soon I will have the goodies and then testing can commence. Thanks again

Plus sorry again for the hijack of this thread [emoji120]

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
K04_S3 injectors_recent Autotech hpfp, was APR_RS4 fprv_PM3_dead oem lpfp. Also, I plan to add Torqbyte's J538x. This should cover all fuel needs, yes?

Some know I have a USP hi-flow(TTRS converted for front wheel drive, right?) that I plan to convert into the oem basket. Yes, I removed it from the original TTRS basket. If the conversion fails...I will likely go with DW65v.

So, my K04 has 90k miles on it and time is nearing to decide if I will stay K04 or do rods and upgrade the turbo. I was thinking of the BW-EFR 6758 or similar. IE had that one listed at "up to 500 hp". I just want near zero lag with 350+ whp. Not wanting to go big big turbo with lag...would rather stay K04 than do that. Turbozentrum has the EFR 6758 mounted to an exhaust mani with oem DP flange; https://www.turbozentrum.de/EFR-6758-VAG-20L-TFSI-Turbo-Upgrade-with-Manifold-Version-20 ....but they list it at "up to 450 HP".

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
K04_S3 injectors_recent Autotech hpfp, was APR_RS4 fprv_PM3_dead oem lpfp. Also, I plan to add Torqbyte's J538x. This should cover all fuel needs, yes?

Some know I have a USP hi-flow(TTRS converted for front wheel drive, right?) that I plan to convert into the oem basket. Yes, I removed it from the original TTRS basket. If the conversion fails...I will likely go with DW65v.

So, my K04 has 90k miles on it and time is nearing to decide if I will stay K04 or do rods and upgrade the turbo. I was thinking of the BW-EFR 6758 or similar. IE had that one listed at "up to 500 hp". I just want near zero lag with 350+ whp. Not wanting to go big big turbo with lag...would rather stay K04 than do that. Turbozentrum has the EFR 6758 mounted to an exhaust mani with oem DP flange; https://www.turbozentrum.de/EFR-6758-VAG-20L-TFSI-Turbo-Upgrade-with-Manifold-Version-20 ....but they list it at "up to 450 HP".

Why not just stay K04 as you are already at that power level and save thousands of dollars. At 90K miles I would just drive it and enjoy it.

Moving up something bigger that K04 gets very expensive. If you want to hear the details on what it takes to go from K04 to EFR 7163 I have all the receipts.