GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G247 Replacement DIY (Fuel Rail Pressure Valve Sensor)

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I just swapped this sensor a few weeks ago... and then back to the old one because it didnt solve my issue, and the new sensor turned out to be bad/had a bent pin. It can be done without removing the intake manifold with a standard wrench 27mm or 1 1/16 wrench... it was a very VERY tight fit but it works.

PM me your cell # if you want me to give you a quick walkthrough on facetime or something.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/URREA-27...PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-204505191-_-202797581-_-N

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Or get a crows foot

Tried it, won't fit.

I just swapped this sensor a few weeks ago... and then back to the old one because it didnt solve my issue, and the new sensor turned out to be bad/had a bent pin. It can be done without removing the intake manifold with a standard wrench 27mm or 1 1/16 wrench... it was a very VERY tight fit but it works.

PM me your cell # if you want me to give you a quick walkthrough on facetime or something.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/URREA-27...PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-204505191-_-202797581-_-N

So one thing i've found out today is that the 06's came with a different (1st gen) sensor. It is approx a quarter inch longer than the sensors that came on the 07's and up.

This sucks because i found a way to get the 27mm deep socket onto my sensor, but it doesn't go far enough to reach the bolt part of the sensor to turn.

If I could just break the sensor loose i could turn it out with a pair of pliers.

I found one regular sized 27mm wrench in town and it doesn't have the room to get onto the sensor since it is slightly longer.

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Forgot to ask, what year is your car and what revision of the G247 are you using? I'm trying to rule out if the issues I was having with my replacement was just incompatibly.

I have a 2008 FSI with the "B" revision G247 (black plastic) stock. The replacement I got that didn't work properly was a "D" revision and had a orange plastic connector.

Would love to hear how the new sensor works out with you when you get it put in too.