TypeR_126

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I just asked a bunch of the MK2 TT guys over on vortex who have cayenne brakes installed. They said there is no modification required to install the brakes. They're simply bolt on with the proper conversion bolts. Now I just need to find some TT Spindles and buy some wider front fenders and I'll be good to go.

Also confirmed last night that TT spindles allow the Cayenne calipers to bolt on using the Mercedes GL rotors. Passat spindles did not allow it. Still working on an outer tie rod solution as the hole for the TT outer tie rod is much wider than the stock GTI/Passat outer tie rod:

Caliper bolts in the pic are wrong, just using for reference

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I have the TT outers and obviously they fit. i'll post a side by side with the stock ones later. at the end of the day. i think i'm going to swap the whole rack. if it affects driveability that bad then i'll switch back down the road and figure something out.

Final Findings:
1. You need the TT Outer Tie Rod to fit an unmodified TT Spindle due to the hole diameter
2. You need the TT Inner to fit the TT Outer due to length of the Outer
3. You need the TT rack to bolt up the TT Inner "safely"

Other successful combos TBD

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I figured out that you can use a 2004-2006 Dodge Durango 4WD outer on a GTI rack and it will work. The genuine Mopar ones will work best due to the length of the body but Moog ones will fit as well, just won't have as much adjustment due to a longer body length

Edit: the Dodge ends do NOT fit. Looking for another solution

Before:

After contact:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I don't understand why everyone wants to use the Mercedes rotors (aside from being a cheap solution), a two piece rotor would be sooooooo much lighter.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I don't understand why everyone wants to use the Mercedes rotors (aside from being a cheap solution), a two piece rotor would be sooooooo much lighter.

Set of mercedes rotors was $130, replacement rings for my 2 piece rotors are $350.
FWIW Mercedes rotors are 10lbs heavier than stock.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
10 lbs each increase is a HUUUGE downgrade, especially considering it's all unsprung.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Definitely, but like Terry said you have to weigh the cost vs the benefit.
PO I bought my kit from went through 2 sets of rings at $350 a pop then parted out his setup to go with a cheaper BBK setup.
FWIW he was running some very aggressive Porterfield pads for his track days.

Yumichika

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm confused about the issues of tie rod...

I browsed the above posts but couldn't find the point why need change the tie rod....I guess that's because the stock tie-rod-end-ball-joint doesn't match the TT swivel? So we need use TT tie-rod-end in order to match the swivel, and then change the inner tie rod in order to match the tie-rod-end, and then change the steering rack in order to match the inner tie rod?

Thanks a lot if anyone help me with this...