GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Every time this thread is updated it makes my day.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
That looks exactly like the IE one I have, just not red.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Also, you should get one of the ignition coil covers from a factory K04 car. They don't have the opening for the N75 and DV wires. I pulled the terminals out of the plugs and relocated them so they're not coming out on that side of the valve cover.

Edit: found the pic. You can see the red one doesn't have the nipple for the wires to come out of. Pretty sure you can get a black one like it.

Bonus cam gear photo, ignore the intake manifold :lol:

Last edited:

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Good to know. I'll have to look up the part number for an ED30 coil cover. Your car almost done finally?

Kinda, it's in the same state it's been for the past month or two. It just needs tuning and some piping to be made, then it's pretty much done.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Also, you should get one of the ignition coil covers from a factory K04 car. They don't have the opening for the N75 and DV wires. I pulled the terminals out of the plugs and relocated them so they're not coming out on that side of the valve cover.

So I found that the red cover is easy to get (8E0971824S), the black one however is no longer made (part number 06F971824A) so its harder to get. I only found one on ebay but it wasnt in the US and came with the wiring so it was too $$