GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Color matching side skirts (UG), couple questions.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I want to color match my side skirts, and have some questions.

I am unable to find the thin double sided tape needed, where can I find the right stuff?

Also I was going to use paintscratch.com, does their blend of UG match well?

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW

I am unable to find the thin double sided tape needed, where can I find the right stuff?

3M double sided tape can be found at PepBoys or almost any Auto store.

I recommend going to a body shop. I know the shade of UG varies. I got a rear bumper from an 07 and it didnt match my 09. Then got side skirts off my friend's 09 and figured they would match my 09 and the color was completely off.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion

kylewatts

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 gti
you can always get the thicker stuff and cut it down. but keep looking its out there... even check ebay i know they have it

Viru5

Ready to race!

why not go to your local paint shop and have them exact color match since color changes over time. They can put it in spray cans for you i was quoted 200 something for 4 cans of paint, primer, and clear coat.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion

Viru5

Ready to race!
Why not just pay them $200 to do it?

Because i was going to do the front lip, both side skirts, and rear bumper and that's way more then 200$.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Go to a paint shop for colour matching.

When I had my rear bumper painted they said there are actually 9 shades of white for the paint code they got from my VIN, they have different amounts if yellow and black mixed into the white.