Car(s)
2008 GTI
Sweet! Now you're talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Since my fugging shifter bottom was peeling i decided to get some fake cf wrap on it, it looks a whole lot better.

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Also added a rep front lip, eventually ill get a splitter on there, but i have different priorities coming

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Looking good, what's up next?

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
Looking good, what's up next?

just getting parts for now, i have 1.8 oil pump stuff, powerflex bushings, front sway bar, new front rotors (cyro treated) in my garage.

still to get is: passat control arms, axel, and then the fun stuff that ill keep a secret until i get them.

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
bushings going in, ran into some problems with endlinks looking bad so getting some from a local part out. Alignment is all fucked up. I love having no car to drive, lol. But at least at this point I have done nearly everything I wanted to do suspension wise..

I grabbed alum spindles all around from @eurocars, and alum control arms from him. Those are on with powerflex bushings. Currently putting in the powerflex bushings in the spring bucket and trailing arm. My brake caliper connecting line somehow got crushed in a part of it so i orderd one from ecs, which was fun to find the part number. I wish that cars in general wouldnt break when you try to upgrade things, lol.

Pics to follow hopefully next week when its all done and sitting pretty for interior mods and ready for the oil pump conversion.

emanyankee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk5 Gti
update:

Rear passat spindles add 10mm so I can not fit my track wheels nor am I going the route to do flares. I am in the process to putting back the oem spindle in the rear.
new koni shocks in the rear.

Probably will not do roll bar and seats. Thinking of keeping this car as a fun daily as i move onto other things. I do not enjoy having a car with such engine up keep. For my future car It will probably only get a few engine mods and hopefully not have a terrible fueling system with ticking time bomb that you have to check every other oil change (cam follower).

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Ahhh...you are in the downward swing of the mod roller coaster...

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah those rear spindles give you a decent bump out. At least they aren't hard to do! I've gotten to that point before, question if this is the right car to go balls out on, but then said fuck it and kept going down the rabbit hole. Now I'm close to being done and the combined mods have made for one hell of a car. So glad I didn't give up and just kept rolling with it. Hopefully you don't throw in the towel, with a lot of work these cars can be incredible. Just takes a lot of time and money to get em there.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Yeah those rear spindles give you a decent bump out. At least they aren't hard to do! I've gotten to that point before, question if this is the right car to go balls out on, but then said fuck it and kept going down the rabbit hole. Now I'm close to being done and the combined mods have made for one hell of a car. So glad I didn't give up and just kept rolling with it. Hopefully you don't throw in the towel, with a lot of work these cars can be incredible. Just takes a lot of time and money to get em there.