GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust clips/audio

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I see the questions posted all the time, what exhaust should I get? What will it sound like? Rince repeat 1000000 times! Well here's a place we can now collectively post what exhaust you have and a clip/video of what it sounds like.

I have the APR downpipe with the 200 cell cat, stock catback with a resonator delete.
Carson's Mk5 GTI Exhaust Clip: https://youtu.be/R1Kyw4l3awo

Big thanks to Boondock who took the video and had the awesome little mic attached to my license plate.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
I'm still experimenting with capturing exhaust audio, this is the best I had a chance to get last year. GoPro mounted to my tow hook, connected to a mic on the rear windshield out of the swept path of the rear wiper. The video is from autocross so it's all in first gear.

I'll repost once I get my rear tow hook mic mount made this year.

AWE Tuning R32-style catback

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I see the questions posted all the time, what exhaust should I get? What will it sound like? Rince repeat 1000000 times! Well here's a place we can now collectively post what exhaust you have and a clip/video of what it sounds like.

I have the APR downpipe with the 200 cell cat, stock catback with a resonator delete.
Carson's Mk5 GTI Exhaust Clip: https://youtu.be/R1Kyw4l3awo

Big thanks to Boondock who took the video and had the awesome little mic attached to my license plate.
Dsg farts :wub:

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
First gear doesn't really do it justice and I'm still trying to figure out how best to capture the sound. It sounds more aggressive in the higher gears and it burbles a lot when I'm off the gas.

Honestly it doesn't sound much like a 4-cylinder, it has a really deep burble to it that I've always thought sounds quite a bit like a V8. Sitting at a light it even sounds a little cammy. It never sounds offensively loud in the car but it tends to resonate off surrounding buildings a lot so depending on where I am I see people turn around and look surprised when they see a hatchback. Several people have said they heard me coming from a couple blocks away.