GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Can pro (need help)

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
Hello, i have a little problem activating “Leaving home” with vag-can, i activated the coming home feature and it works fine, but when i unlock the car the “leaving home” feature does not work, any help?

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
Some cars have an option to activate it in the MFD. see if thats checked?

I think its mid-line in my car
Thats why im using vag-can, otherwise id just go in the highline and activate it

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I think there may be 2 different modules to check out, central electric and central convenience, maybe? Mine currently functions correctly. If you don't figure it out I'll hook up tomorrow and check my settings.

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
I think there may be 2 different modules to check out, central electric and central convenience, maybe? Mine currently functions correctly. If you don't figure it out I'll hook up tomorrow and check my settings.

Well okay, ill go through the vag-can options again tomorrow, and than we can se what to do after that

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline

I’ve checked and the only place the activation of both options is located is at “Guided functions assistant”

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Ok, you have a can but the coding is still done in Cent. Elect. What happened when you activated it there?

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
Ok, you have a can but the coding is still done in Cent. Elect. What happened when you activated it there?

Basicaly just doest work, when i leave the switch on auto ofc it turns of right away when i pull the key, but with Ch and Lh youre supposed to leave it on, so when i pull the key the lights stay on and turn off 15 sec after locking, but when i unlock it the lights dont come on.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Does it work correctly with the switch in the "off" position? I think it would only work on auto if you also added the sensor.

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
Does it work correctly with the switch in the "off" position? I think it would only work on auto if you also added the sensor.

When on the “off” position lights are completely off so they dont come on for either Ch nor the Lh after unlocking, well if i had the sensor tehnically the ch and lh would work perfectly with staying and turning on after unlock only during night, but this way without the sensor they should work both night and day

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion

I have a Euro switch installed without LS(Light Sensor) and it works just fine. Mine is code like above post. Here is how it functions with a Euro switch and with NAR switch.

Euro Switch

Position off Lh yes Ch no
auto Lh yes Ch yes
lamp on no reason to leave lamps on unless you want to kill battery Lh yes Ch no

Non Euro switch (NAR)

Off Lh yes Ch no

Lamp on Lh yes Ch no

It is possible that the vag -can you are using is not coding module, I know that there have been issues with these knockoffs

Last edited:

thebolt

Golf Life
Car(s)
Golf mkV Sportline
I have a Euro switch installed without LS and it works just fine. Mine is code like above post. Here is how it functions with a Euro switch and with NAR switch.

Euro Switch

Position off Lh yes Ch no

auto Lh yes Ch yes

lamp on no reason to leave lamps on unless you want to kill battery Lh yes Ch no

Non Euro switch (NAR)

Off Lh yes Ch no

Lamp on Lh yes Ch no

Is is possible that the vag -can you are using is not coding module, I know that there have been issues with these knockoffs

It might be possible that the Can isnt doing it properly since its just 10€ knockoff
Do you have the light sensor?