GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with MK5 to MK6 Steering Wheel Swap

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
FINALY EVERY THING WORKS LIKE OEM...........

Damn, that was a PITA but I got it all figured out with NO Faults on my Full Scan with VagCom and no Lights lite on my cluster!!!!!!!!

I love the new look of my MK6 R-Line SW, I think it dressed up the interior very well and was worth every penny on the upgrade......

My problem I had was I thought I had the right SW control module, BUT I did not...... I had a CD module and I needed a CH module.....

The CH module has the SW Angle Sensor built into the control module and the CD module requires the SW Angle Sensor on the Steering Rack, not on the control module itself......

So once I swapped over to a new CH control module all my faults with the Steering Assist and the Angle Sensor all disappeared .........

Once I install the CH module I also had to do the RossTech Adaptation to get the CH control module synced up with my car. Once u Finish the adaptation, then u go for a short drive to allow the car to adapt to the new CH control module and then 2 lights on the dash will disappear. .

Anybody with problems can chime in or whatever..........Thanks

MoB$TER

streetracing newbie
Congrats on the fix and install, Now.....

:needpics:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Bahahahahahahahaha............

I know right, I'll get some pix of the install and will post them soon.

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
ok fellas

I thought that i would post up my findings on how i fixed all my faults and the new MK6 SW works great and looks and functions AWESOME :thumbsup:

With the MK^ SW install u will need these parts for the MK5 Platform.

MK6 Steering Wheel-DSG Paddles-MFSW Buttons
Steering Wheel Control Module - 1K0 953 549 CH
Slip Ring or Clock Spring - 1K0 959 653
VagCom Cable

Im going to show u a few pix and explaining how to do and modd the car as i go with pix too.

Here are a few pix on the new install........

Every thing work on the SW like, Horn, Cruise Control, MF Buttons all but 2 dont work on MKV, DSG Paddles, Angle Sensor, ect......

IMG_7405.jpg

To get the Cruise Control to work u can buy a MK6 CC stalk for 150 bucks or u can just mod and change a few pin connection and this will make the old CC stalk work just fine.

First remove the 2 Yellow Pins out of the CC stalk connector

IMG_7274.jpg

Now u can clilp off one of the connectors and then solder it to the other one and place BOTH of them into PIN 10 on the connector. This is the only way to make the CC stalk work on this MK6 CH module.

IMG_7278.jpg

This is an actual pic of a NEW MK6 CC stalk, the only difference is that BOTH Yellow pins are in PIN 10.

IMG_7261.jpg

Once activated in Vagcom u can TURN on the CC stalk and u can see that it works just fine in my MK5 R32, I used the MK5 CC stalk and just did the rewire and saved me 150 bucks.

IMG_7390.jpg

Night shout with NO faults on Cluster and CC working right along with every thing else.

IMG_7389.jpg

Here is where u can Custumize the features with VagCom and ajust it as u wish. I have mine coded to 0011634 I believe.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 18,832
Last edited:

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Well I paid a shit load cuz I bought from a guy that was ripping people off and sold wrong parts, he would say that they where NEW but would give u a used part and he was over seas so shipping was allot.

I paid like :

MK6 SW - 700 shipped
Control Module - 150 ( I paid for 2 cuz I was sold a wrong part)

Total - 1,000 - I'm sure if u do ur homework and look around u can get it down to like 600-700 as long as u don't buy parts that don't work like in my case....lol

U can find a gently used CH control module for 100 or cheaper and a new MK6 SW with all the needed features for under 600 I think........

600-700 for this awesome new MK6 SW is not a bad deal and I love the way it feels in my hand and the way that the grey inside stitching looks with my interior. This leather on the SW is way softer than the MKV leather and seems to breath a little bit better too.

jedi-knight83

quick thread resurrection.

Just fitted my MK6 wheel and CH controller etc.

But my horn will not work.

I've reset everything and have no faults or warning lights and all the buttons and cruise and DSG works.. but no horn.

Was there a solution for this?

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Did u make chages with VagCom???

I think my changes where made too......

0011834 - I think my settings are like this but i can double-check if u need me too.

Is ur codes the same or different???

BTW..... My horn works just fine BUT it does have a different sound than before if that is possible?!

Anyways, if u need more help just ask :thumbsup:

Attachments

• SW4.jpg
    SW4.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,599

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
Nice work man! I too love the look of the mk6 steering wheels! They look so classy, especially in our cars!!

Thanks Katie, I love this wheel with "Passion", its not too hard to get every thing working BUT its NOT very cheap but way worth it...... IMO

I still need to get those dang pix to u for the MDI box but i keep forgetting to get them. I dont have the MDI box connected but i do still have the wiring harness plugged in though

Hit me up if u still need it??? :thumbsup: