GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G37s

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
ABSOLUTELY no way that thing was stock...

Sounded stock, not much you can do to them to get big power except forced induction and then it is very obvious. Could be that OP's car need a bit of a tune up.

2008vdubgti

Car(s)
2008 GTI 2dr
Sounded stock, not much you can do to them to get big power except forced induction and then it is very obvious. Could be that OP's car need a bit of a tune up.

Or a driver mod

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I destroyed this modded G37s numerous times the owner was cool stopped asked what I had done etc. Actually think there is a vs post about it here somewhere. Something seems wrong with the Ko4, unless it's an APR tune

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
Lol on the apr tune

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
It's not stock or your K04'd MK5 isn't running tops.
Stock G37 @ 329 HP and 269lb*ft have high 13's to low 14's for 1/4 et's...trapping in the low 100's. My MK5 when just a tune and intake on the stock k03 did 14.1 @ 100. Now with the K04 with no meth does 12.8's trapping over 110mph all day. From a roll you should've been crushing the G37 even more if it were stock. G37 forum 1/4 threads show some in the 13.6 and 13.7 range but trapping 100 to 103.

Other tunes→:23:←APR
:laughabove:...just bcuz had to join in on that, LOL

What are your mods? All of them, engine related....

tedted

Starting at 4k + rpms in 4th and 5th gear really didnt help either since mr.g37 did not want to start lower.

tried a different really loud g37s not too long ago doing 2nd and 3rd gear pulls and it was a lot better but still got pulled on by the end of 4th. I have almost all bolt ons available.

APR K04
http://tunedbygts.com/software/volkswagen/golf-jetta/mk5/tfsi/s3tfsi
golf r Inj
autotech hpfp
neuspeed intake
neuspeed charge pipe
bsh throttle pipe
twintercooler
uni dv relocation w/ stock dv
redtop coils
stage 1 wm @ 7psi/ 225nozzle, 50/50 blend. I am not tuned for it but I know it works because after about 2seconds of it on the car gets a 'rushing' feeling where it just wants to pull while the temps drop to a solid 69-70*. I do understand the whole concept of tuning for meth, I just havent gotten around to getting proper logs done.

The only engine code I am chasing is a P2177. I also dont throw a code for p0171 on vcds BUT my LTFT are in the 20%, STFT are +/- 2%. Shop who does my work has spent the last year smoke/ pressure testing and replacing misc gaskets all over and it hasnt corrected anything.

Last edited:

LuisFX

honestly, that G37 probably had full bolt-ons w/ a bottle with a 75 shot+. My old Scion tC had a bottle and surprised a lot of people lol.

2008vdubgti

Car(s)
2008 GTI 2dr
honestly, that G37 probably had full bolt-ons w/ a bottle with a 75 shot+.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it had a bottle. I raced a G37x and I blew him out of the water and I'm only stage 2. Granted it was the all-wheel-drive model so it's prolly robbed of power, but a K04 GTI should blow a G out of the water no problem.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Your tune by 'GTS'...is an obscure one for me. Not familiar with it at all. It says 330hp but don't find any dyno proof of those claims. Given your mass air data...the hp claim doesn't add up. We'll keep looking at how to improve your g/sec.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
How's things going?