GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full Golf MKV GTI Pricing Information / Specifications (US and Canada)

LordNikon

Autocross Champion
CalgaryPilot said:
GRIPE:
Can anyone explain why the base MSRP price for a 3 door DSG is $26570 CDN ($23065 US) in the US but is $30775 CDN in Canada? Are Canadian buyers being ripped off by $4200?
I did a cost comparison with the MSRP for the Civic Si. It's ($20290 US) $23374 CDN in the US but up here the MSRP is $26080, a $2700 diference.

As I expected, in Canada the sat nav system on either car isn't even available as an option. Even on Canadian built cars such as some Hondas, they are available in the US market in year one but don't become available in the Candian market until year two or three.

I've enquired about both vehicles in Calgary. No dealer is prepared to move on the inflated MSRP.

Supply and demand. Larger market in the US, prices in general would be cheaper.

doodly

Passed Driver's Ed
MY2007 GTI pricing (US)

here's some of the details (as an attachment - sorry if it's a bit cumbersome)

Attachments

• 2007 GTI.JPG
    2007 GTI.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 51,668

R D

Ready to race!
Hi
I really like how you are keeping each other apprised of the options and differences on the MKV GTI from USA and Canada, Jeremy Clarkson (England) tested one on Top gear and that had one with the NAV system in it, he call it a TV…….. Smile

Naughtychimp

Any updates on these, please? I'm about to go and try to buy a new GTI here in Canada and would love to know the Canadian invoice #s. Thanks.