GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Beyond 150 Bar. Has anyone ventured here?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I had recently inquired with TVSEngineering about their DSG software and they indicated that it was necessary to use their engine software along with it. I told him I was planning to go with EFR 7163 turbo, RS4 injectors, 155fprv, Aquamist at 100% Meth to start. He suggested that with their software I replace the RS4 injectors for S3 injectors with 160-180fprv.

Note: Looks like AKS tuning in UK has 165 and 175 fprv.

From Ronald at TVS
All looks perfect, but not the RS4 injectors.

Put in S3 injectors, and 160 or 180 bar fuel pressure valve. Awesome-GTI and some other companies offer these.

For that setup we have software ready.
You will need special engine software for good DSG pre control. Good DSG software won’t be sufficient, you need booth

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Put in S3 injectors, and 160 or 180 bar fuel pressure valve.

...the bit that doesn't make sense is they are putting those bits on a K04. They are installing higher than the RS4-140bar fprv...S3 injectors...and a VIS 150+ bar hpfp...and somehow/supposedly getting 400+bhp and 400+ lb*ft. Makes one think "why are tuners here not able to do this?"

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Put in S3 injectors, and 160 or 180 bar fuel pressure valve.

...the bit that doesn't make sense is they are putting those bits on a K04. They are installing higher than the RS4-140bar fprv...S3 injectors...and a VIS 150+ bar hpfp...and somehow/supposedly getting 400+bhp and 400+ lb*ft. Makes one think "why are tuners here not able to do this?"

I would guess that part of why it isn't being done here is awareness here in US. Someone using Eurodyne should be able to tune for it. Also I bought the highest pressure fprv I could find and it was a 155 at hpfpupgrade.com. AKS tuning in UK has the 165 and 175 as well as the full set of RS3 injectors that I have yet to see anyone use here that they say is good for 600bph.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I'm going to spend some time looking into K04 build threads and see who is tuning these and see if they are being told the HP is 400+ BHP or if they have dyno-graph proof. I saw one graph but not sure if the graph was provided by the tuner or the owner actually witnessed the dyno pulls.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'm going to spend some time looking into K04 build threads and see who is tuning these and see if they are being told the HP is 400+ BHP or if they have dyno-graph proof. I saw one graph but not sure if the graph was provided by the tuner or the owner actually witnessed the dyno pulls.

Well I know we are getting into rather vague terminology but 400 bhp translates to roughly 340 whp so not such a big deal. I was getting those power levels. Figure in a 15% driveline loss. I know its not scientific but sort of what the general thought is on the subject.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
In for info on RS3 injectors. Fueling on my car maxed out at 33 psi on Gen 2 gtx3071.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
In for info on RS3 injectors. Fueling on my car maxed out at 33 psi on Gen 2 gtx3071.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Fueling is maxed? Have you exhausted what you can do with your methanol system and direct inject of 100% methanol?

I asked AUTuning about going with the RS3 setup and he said he could custom dyno tune any injector I brought him. You would probably be in for 2K plus between RS3 setup, high pressure FPRV and custom dyno tuning but you could probably pull out a bunch more power.

As an alternative Dave at AU has a fairly inexpensive 5th fuel injector setup he uses which he has had very good luck with.

Last edited:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I have dpi and have all the parts for 5th injector. I have rs4 injectors and 155 bar fprv. I'm using Do2 nozzles thinking of going larger I wanna say those are like 160cc if I remember right. So total of 4 means like 640cc? Maybe I need do5 to make them 440cc each. I'm not sure but I wanna say Devils own pump maxes out at 1600cc maybe I'm wrong.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I have dpi and have all the parts for 5th injector. I have rs4 injectors and 155 bar fprv. I'm using Do2 nozzles thinking of going larger I wanna say those are like 160cc if I remember right. So total of 4 means like 640cc? Maybe I need do5 to make them 440cc each. I'm not sure but I wanna say Devils own pump maxes out at 1600cc maybe I'm wrong.

I haven't started tuning yet but I will start with 260cc jets on each runner and 100% methanol with a full expectation I will go up a size to 320cc. Using Aquamist but I think pump max capacity is the same. Methanol, enough of it should help you quite a bit and allow you to advance timing. You are already running pretty good boost at 33psi but my guess is that you have a fair amount of room for more advanced timing.

I may consider E85 if I don't get the results I want.