GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag fault and AC stopped working

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Its been about a month or two since I bought a new (used) 06 GTI.
My 07 GTI was sold after I inherited a 03 Camry, which was totalled after a reR end collision.
Yesterday, after a car wash I was driving home and airbag fault light came on and today I realised the AC stopped working as well.
Anyone had similar issues before? I know this forum is pretty dead after ~10years but I see a few people still chiming in.
Thanks

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Nice early GTI with the blue tint glass. You need to scan this car for Dtc, preferably with Vcds

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Thanks, I was supprised by the condition the car was in. I also noticed the blue tint (similar to Mercedes?) Anyhow it might not have all the miles but its still a over 10 years old car. I should check if all are in good condition.

chiefum1

Did it blow a fuse? Does your heated seats and blower motor still work? On my 2007, the wires for the heated windshield washer was shorting out. It blew the fuse, my heated seats and blower motor stopped working and it would fault the airbag. Just an idea.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
Did it blow a fuse? Does your heated seats and blower motor still work? On my 2007, the wires for the heated windshield washer was shorting out. It blew the fuse, my heated seats and blower motor stopped working and it would fault the airbag. Just an idea.

I am not sure the fuse blew. Heated seat works and so does the rear heated wind shield.
Thanks tho

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
There are TB / TBS from VW for both of the issues you have but without a scan they may not apply. The AC may not work from fuse issue, radiator fan not running, high pressure switch leaking which in a known failure point, etc.

The Airbag issue maybe from resistance to high in connector plug.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
What is TB/TSB? I am assuming a recall? If so I can get a local shop to scan it and they can tell me if the faults fall under recall?
I have called a local VW dealer and ask if my car has any recall that needs to be taken care of and they said NIL.
If it is a fuse issue how can I fix the problem? (I have no knowledge in any electric field)
Seems like they are common failure, I just dont want to get hit with high repair bill (more so wrong diagnosis and repair whats not broken).
Thanks

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
TB / TSB = Technical bulletin Technical Service Bulletin

They were not a recall but if you had the issues within the warranty period they covered it and sometime it was cover out of warranty under goodwill. You can have a shop scan it for you and get the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (Dtc), but if you plan on keeping the GTI I would highly recommend you get a genuine Ross Tech scan tool.