GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAG COM & Headlamp Washer Qs

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
Couple of quick questions I hope I can find answers to here.

Has anyone added the headlamp washer system to a 2007+ GTI (after the system was no longer included on the cars)? If so, what was required? Install the parts and a few VAG COM changes? Or is it impossible due to other changes to the bumpers or something inside that does not allow the system to be installed without modifications? How hard was it to find all the parts? Must I remove the front end of the car, etc? Just curious the $ amount and difficulty.

VAG COM, I've never used. So I apologize for what may be a silly question.

Is there any setting for the parking lights? For instance, up front, parking lights are white under the Xenons, and the orange side marker light is also on. Any setting to turn on only the white light and not the orange marker lights?

I'm asking as I am considering shipping the car to germany. I suspect if I VAG COM the car to Germany settings, it will change some of this stuff, but I'm not sure. I know I may need the Euro switch, etc. The taillamps will have to be replaced and orange blinker housings with integrated rear foglight added. The inspection requires white lights up front. I don't know if they will have an issue that the orange markers are also on.

Thanks in advance.

xola3que

euroturd
I think ECS sells a washer kit with wire harness. HL washers have its own pump so you might need the water bottle too. Once installed you can follow vagcom direction from Rosstech to turn it on. If you don't like to go thru the pain, just install, use a solenoid, tap the signal to the windshield pump and wire the power to the battery.

Lots of people shave their front bumper and get rid of those washer. You can get them for real cheap.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
A quick Google search will get you answers on the headlight washers. Its not really worth it IMO.

As for your parking lights being orange, someone must have turned that on via vag-com on your car because stock they are not on (i.e. yes you can turn that off, unless if your talking about the sidemarker lights which all you have to do is take the bulb out)

Tail lights- if you get taillights with a rear fog you'll need a euro switch & some new wiring (pretty easy DIY) and vag-com work. As for the car being coded under "Germany", thats fine, thats what my cars at...

Stampedevxl

RACECAR > STANCECAR
Car(s)
really?
was unaware they had their own tank.

and not worth it... they dont wash @^%#! just make a mess of your hood and fenders

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
How long are you going to be in Germany? Unless you're in the military I doubt it's worth shipping your car over and back.

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Head light washer does not have it's own tank, it uses the tank that the windshield washeruses, but it has it's own pump, and is located at a different height in the tank.

The tank may already have a suction spot for the pump?

The pump pressure is what deploys the headlight washer.

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
If you seriously think you need the headlight washer then by all means. My car has it and ive only used it once.

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
I appreciate the help.

Can anyone provide a schematic for the washer system, both left and right sides? Ideally with part numbers?

Thanks again.

chunkisagoonie

VW Lifer
Car(s)
'97 Golf Jazz
I've never once used the headlight washers on my car (the US cars came with them through 2007, IIRC), aside from accidentally turning them on a couple times. But then again, it doesn't snow where I live (nor do anything in my car that would get the light lenses dirty), so there's no real need.