GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
^^^^^WHAAAAAAAAT????!!!!^^^^^

Dude I am so sorry to hear that! Any idea how it happened or when? Really hope she comes back to you bro. Dont really hear of mkv's being stolen that often, its not very easy. Does anyone have a spare key to your car?
thanks man, its really rough.. I've had her since new, and we've done 126,000 miles together...check the OT thread, I kinda guessed at it over there (I'm on mobile, and re-typing it would be a bitch haha)...I know they towed it, and I'm guessing that they probably just broke in and put it in neutral...and the only person who has a spare is my girl, and she was in same bed I was....

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Oh man. This sucks, Hope the police find it. I had a tracker installed when I bought mine new. Always thought it was pointless till now. Kind of scary to think you didn't here the tow truck as I assume it would take at least 15mins to get it loaded and be off.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
I saw a MkVII GTI on the way to work this morning. Looked lowered and was riding on BBS something.

Not a fan honestly. The tailights are too angular, but I love the headlights.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Oh man. This sucks, Hope the police find it. I had a tracker installed when I bought mine new. Always thought it was pointless till now. Kind of scary to think you didn't here the tow truck as I assume it would take at least 15mins to get it loaded and be off.

Oh dude you have no idea, I work at a shop and deal with towtruck drivers all the time. They can have a car hooked and gone in a minute and 45 seconds. Especially if it was backed into the driveway, they don't even need to get in the car if the parking brake isn't on, hook the front, lift the boom and go.

gmmills

South African
Car(s)
CW GTI
Well its been a great couple years but I sold my car today, took a few photos before she left. Told the new owners about the forum so hopefully he will be able to learn as much as I did and enjoy the car. Just a few of my favorites and yes i know the intake was crooked I fixed it shortly after taking the pic :)

Attachments

• IMG_2182.JPG
    IMG_2182.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 462
  • 10347784_884127051603300_7767309360535968377_n.jpg
    10347784_884127051603300_7767309360535968377_n.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_1880.JPG
    IMG_1880.JPG
    264.8 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_1878.JPG
    IMG_1878.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 435

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Installed OEM open fogs today :smile:

RedRims

New Avant Garde M230 wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Is there even such a thing? I thought they were produced by ecs not an oem product.

They sell an ECS kit but they also sell the OEM kit. Supposedly they come stock on cars in very hot climates but not in the US.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
The OEM open fogs have an internal air scoop designed to help cool the brakes and bring cool air into the engine bay. Yes, there are OEM open fogs, there are also numerous cheap and not so cheap knock offs.

As for what I did to my MKV today, put on my new roof bars! Now I just need to find a flappy/spoiler thing (forget what its called) that will fit on the front bar.