GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Dealer's "Competitive Prices"

• Thread starter Deleted member 10673
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10673

VW dealer I bought my GTi from a long time ago. I have done everything except the DSG service myself for a reason. I saw this page and JUST ABOUT DIED. :lol: I was thought it was a joke at first, then I realized they just shot themselves in the face. :bellyroll:

http://www.vwcorona.com/Competitive_Pricing

My God that hurts... Seriously, they are all high, but $78 for a CABIN FILTER REPLACEMENT? That is a $15 part if it has the charcoal and about 5 minutes at tops. I did mine myself a couple months back. Does anyone's dealer have the same "competitive" prices? (More like how fast they can rape your wallet)

Last edited by a moderator:

dave80

Go Kart Champion
"Pricing information was gathered February 4th through February 28th 2013 by an independent third party. Prices shown are for a 2009 Jetta 2.5L and vary by model. Prices are subject to change. Prices include parts and labor where applicable. Prices exclude tax".

D

Deleted member 10673

"Pricing information was gathered February 4th through February 28th 2013 by an independent third party. Prices shown are for a 2009 Jetta 2.5L and vary by model. Prices are subject to change. Prices include parts and labor where applicable. Prices exclude tax".

Which means the prices get more atrocious. Yes. Yes they do.

Note: this is also the same dealership that has seeming botched almost every warranty repair done on my car. Did the passenger seat campaign. Airbag light comes back on. I look under the seat and how did I guess. They re-wired but did not secure them. So of course being out of the 12 month warranty for the work I have to pay for them to half ass it again, or I do it myself. I am sure you know what is going to happen. Had a fiasco with the fuel pump in the tank too but VW America stepped in and covered it out of warranty for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we seeing the same table? How are they offering competitive pricing when they're more expensive than just about every other option?

D

Deleted member 10673

I live right next to cardnale way in corona they rip your d*** off left and right

I hope you figured out way before I did that letting them touch your car for any reason is just insane. Seriously. EVERY SINGLE THING that they have done on my car, especially warranty work has always been half-assed and had to be either done again or has failed again because they did it half-assed.

Where do you guys buy parts/get any service done?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I buy my parts online and do all service myself. The only time I bring the car somewhere is for tires or alignment, but I never use the dealer.

D

Deleted member 10673

I buy my parts online and do all service myself. The only time I bring the car somewhere is for tires or alignment, but I never use the dealer.

I have used MJM Autohaus for parts that are not part of basic maintenance. I have a hard time beating Wal-Mart for oil at $23 for 5 quarts of M1 0w40.

First, I am going to get the Neuspeed intake simply because I cannot stand the standard cover. I need to change the filter and I cannot get it off. I lifted the nose of the car 2 inches trying to get it off... Starting at the right front where the air ram is. The insulation on the hood has shrunk enough that it now does not fit into the little holes on the perimeter so it actually rubs on everything in the engine bay. Opinions on removing it and replacing it or not replacing it?

My rear window wiper stopped working a while back. when I hit the switch I hear the switch in the dash but the rear motor doesn't do anything. I am going to take the hatch apart and check the leads and see if it is getting power.

Also, I need to buy the 3 hydraulic rams. One for the hood and 2 for the rear lift gate. I have a feeling VW or getvwparts.com will be my best bet for those. The motor itself if I need one I can get a re-man from AutoZone. Eh.

Last but not least I have a bearing squeak in the alternator so looking at doing something with that somewhat soon. I heard it a little while ago and was able to check everything when I changed the serpentine belt.

If there is any other places you recommend for parts please let me know. Thanks for the help guys. I have neglected my car for the last 6 months during school so I want to get this done asap.

R32UAE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 R32 MKV
You should see the VW prices out in this part of the world. When I had my front axles changed out, $1000 each without labor. The DSG fluid change runs from about $400 - 450. Usually I buy all my parts from the US and have them shipped here. Much cheaper.

LondonGT

Ready to race!
Not just you guys. I booked my car in, offered an air in regas, £71.99

Full sitcom service £74.99

I asked what the tech does for three pounds in the service.....silence.....

Can get the local place all on to do it for £20

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
I have used MJM Autohaus for parts that are not part of basic maintenance. I have a hard time beating Wal-Mart for oil at $23 for 5 quarts of M1 0w40.

First, I am going to get the Neuspeed intake simply because I cannot stand the standard cover. I need to change the filter and I cannot get it off. I lifted the nose of the car 2 inches trying to get it off... Starting at the right front where the air ram is. The insulation on the hood has shrunk enough that it now does not fit into the little holes on the perimeter so it actually rubs on everything in the engine bay. Opinions on removing it and replacing it or not replacing it?

My rear window wiper stopped working a while back. when I hit the switch I hear the switch in the dash but the rear motor doesn't do anything. I am going to take the hatch apart and check the leads and see if it is getting power.

Also, I need to buy the 3 hydraulic rams. One for the hood and 2 for the rear lift gate. I have a feeling VW or getvwparts.com will be my best bet for those. The motor itself if I need one I can get a re-man from AutoZone. Eh.

Last but not least I have a bearing squeak in the alternator so looking at doing something with that somewhat soon. I heard it a little while ago and was able to check everything when I changed the serpentine belt.

If there is any other places you recommend for parts please let me know. Thanks for the help guys. I have neglected my car for the last 6 months during school so I want to get this done asap.

We appreciate the business (and the plug of our website). Glad we could get you taken care of. We've been a sponsor of this forum for over half a decade now, but haven't been as aggressive on here interacting with members as much over the last 12 months or so due to big time changes with our website (which has crashed on his several occasions over the past year or so). It's been extremely painstaking, but we are in the process of moving all our data over to a new server (to local Rack Space Hosting right here in Texas) and we know our customers are going to love it just as much as we are. It's been quite a pain in the rear with this transition, but we are almost done and there is some light at the end of the rainbow on getting the new catalog up without the plethora of crashes we've had recently. Our OEM parts replacement offerings for MK5 chassis cars is going to be the very best in the industry - just watch!

And speaking of OEM parts like this thread pertains to, let us shed some light on the topic. "OEM" is such a deceptive acronym and often misrepresented by both shops (and car owners). It does not have to be, though, as it's very simple and easy to understand. "OEM" stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. Bottom line: is the part made by a manufacturer that VAG has contracted in the past before? If it is, it's "OEM!" If not, then it's an aftermarket part. For example: Meyle Germany, Febi Bilstein, KYB Shocks and PBR Brake Pads are all quality replacement parts (that we stand behind, sell daily, and most importantly, use on our own vehicles). That said, however, they're not OEM; they're not companies that have ever won bids for contracts to manufacture parts for Volkswagen. As a result, our website, like it does with every brand, does not list those lines as "OEM" brands. Original Equipment Manufacturers to VAG are companies like ATE, Behr, Beru, BBS, Bosch, ContiTech, Hella, Mahle, NTN, Ruville plus many, many more. Heck, just take a look at our site for which lines are legitimate "OEM" brands for your MK5. Our site, unlike a lot out there, will tell you what is and what isn't an "OEM" item.

Now, you might ask, "Well MJM, if you guys sell OEM parts, the same parts as the dealer, then why are their prices so much higher than what we see online on many part numbers?" That's the just of what you guys are discussing in here, right? Fact is, there are many, many items that are "dealer item only" that you can ONLY get at the dealer. Things like dashboards, OEM carpet, body panels, valve covers, select wiring, hardware, etc. Then you have select items that are absolutely, positively no different than the dealer's that you can buy directly from the manufacturer (i.e. Bosch, Valeo, etc) through an importer here in the states, or even through a distributor in Germany that's willing to ship over here to warehouses like ours. You just have to look online - you can find them. Always be weary of websites who aren't telling you who manufactures the part they're listing on their site, though. "Water pump?" "Radiator?" "Ignition coil?" Always asks, "Where's the manufacturer logo and description at?

If you ever have questions about what is and what isn't "OEM", give us call at MJM Autohaus at 210.DUB.PART (382.7278) and we'll steer you straight. By all means, we'll tell you right now and be upfront about it - we don't *only* sell OEM parts - we all sell the aftermarket replacement stuff for those that don't have the deeper pockets and might be on a budget, too (i.e. lesser priced sensors, pads, radiators, etc). Then, we also offer the OEM stuff for those that only want the very best on their MK5 - often times for as much as 50% off dealer prices.

And in closing, we also often buy DIRECTLY FROM DEALERS who have bids and auctions that go out of business and liquidate their inventory from overstock or closing and going out of business. We did this recently with a bunch of Genuine OEM ignition wires for MK4 2.0L cars at 70% off dealer list price from a dealer in Ohio. Just ask; we'll let you know EXACTLY what you're buying (without the smoke and mirrors) and who makes it. If it's "OEM", we'll tell you. If it's not, we'll tell you. After all, you're gonna know when it arrives at your door anyways, right?

Fabidavis_510

Euro Blast Gang
Car(s)
2006 GLI DSG
lol

Shades

Ready to race!
Only time I ever have gone to the dealer is for the third brake light. They managed to take off quite a bit of paint off the top of the hatch and refused to acknowledge it.
Never again will I go.