GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

now what.

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
So, cam follower has been replaced. Banjo bolt was found, are there washers on any of the pieces that came off the cam follower because mine have none on. Any just took it for a test driving.. and when my boost hits 13-15 psi the car kinda rocks forward and back. And shifting is rough. It's a dsg... I'm not even opening the throttle up. Driving very slow and easy

garrett2

Mia, I'm a cop.
Do you have a CEL or any codes?

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Nothing at all...

garrett2

Mia, I'm a cop.
Yes there is a metal washer that's needed on the high pressure line. Without it your HPFP could and most likely leak.

Last edited:

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
Which one is the high pressure fuel line? The banjo bolt or the one next it

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
feels like a massive boost leak.

garrett2

Mia, I'm a cop.
It also wouldn't hurt to do a pressure test and check for leaks. There are several DIY's on the forums. You can also build your own for $20-$30 using parts from Home Depot or Lowes.

Car(s)
Subaru
did it act like this before the banjo bolt job? you may have not installed it properly. boost leaks wouldnt cause it to lurch around. a boost leak might happen at 15psi, so it will act normal until that poiint and then just not be as fast

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
it did not do this before.. and im getting 17 psi from a 5th gear pull. I've had enough with this shit hahah. i'm going to the dealer tomorrow.

Car(s)
Subaru
you might have installed the banjo wrong. it can be done easily. id save yourself the money and try going over whatever you done man.

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
hey, thanks for really helping me out!! but how could i have installed it wrong lol?

Mrvdub444

I'VE GOT A LEMON!
Car(s)
Candy White MKV
I didn't do that lol. But, I'm going to the dealer and ill let you know