GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gonzo tuning, Or Unitronic

Tphilho88

Passed Driver's Ed
I hear alot of good things aobut these tunes..I wanted to go stage Gonzo is 350 for stage 2 as where is Unitronic is 650..I hear Unitronice stole some of the maps from gonzo..Wondering who has these tunes and whats their opinions on it..I have personally emailed gonzo tuning by me and havent got a response in over 2 weeks.

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
A lot of people run Uni's stage 1/2 tunes and enjoy the power, I seen very little issues with uni's basic stage 1/2 tunes also. Uni's is a bigger company than Gonzo, so that means more reps and dealers to handle customer support, so you might get faster response from them.

As for Gonzo I havn't seen much of his stuff in the FSI/TSI world, although in 1.8t world there are quite a few people happy with his basic stage 1/2 tunes and Big turbo one off tunes.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Gonzo can develop a custom file as to Uni's will be an off the shelf, correct?

garrett2

Mia, I'm a cop.
I haven't heard much about Gonzo with our platform as most mentioned.

I've heard good things about Uni which is who I was originally going to go with but I ended up going with the EuroCustoms Stage 2 tune. They put a package deal together with the exhaust and tune that I couldn't pass up. I'm pretty happy with the power increase and overall drivability. The only downfall is they didn't have a dealer out my way so I had to ship them my ECU in PA.

Last edited:

Tphilho88

Passed Driver's Ed
Jack_Snows I tlked to john at do tuning this morning and he said the files for TSI are still in the test stage and should be out by summer...should i wait?

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
Jack_Snows I tlked to john at do tuning this morning and he said the files for TSI are still in the test stage and should be out by summer...should i wait?

yes :thumbsup:

Jack_Snows

Banned
Car(s)
93 honda
Contact Taylor. He's the ones testing the TSI stuff. Rumors has it they're working on a BT A3 AWD DSG TSI, but rumors are rumors.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
NJDUbber thanks haha.. Whats everyones opinion on Dotuning?

.dotuning is setting the bar on how tuning should be done. No tune will be the same when done on their end. Once I go BT i would not look anywhere else, those are the guys to get it done!

TSiUG

sleeper...
.dotuning is setting the bar on how tuning should be done. No tune will be the same when done on their end. Once I go BT i would not look anywhere else, those are the guys to get it done!

I COMPLETELY understand wanting to go with .dotuning for BT setups, however you really think they will be able to safely extract any more power out of a basic stage 1/2 car than APR/UNI/Revo/GIAC? Not to mention how the 4 tuners I mentioned have dealers across the globe where you can pull up and get flashed through your obd2 port rather than send them your ecu?

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I can see where you're going with this and I hear you. If I had to choose between Gonzo or Uni, I still would go .dotuning. All I'm doing is reassuring the OP.