GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW!!! GOLFMK5 MONTHLY PHOTO CONTEST

obsidian6

Creative.
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I think this will be a fun contest!
It'll give me a chance to break in the mkIII ;)

Oh and as far as P&S cameras go. Only one is even remotely capable of hitting DSLR results. The Sigma DP1. Thanks to it's full-size APS-C sensor.

I'm getting one soon :)

omegach

Banned
Oh and as far as P&S cameras go. Only one is even remotely capable of hitting DSLR results. The Sigma DP1. Thanks to it's full-size APS-C sensor.

I'm getting one soon :)
i hear the m8 is pretty good too

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
oh geeze, thats a pretty ignorant statement man. there is a world of difference between the camera. megapixels means nothing these days.

how about we not turn this into a dslr vs PnS debare

I use a Canon D-SLR myself, I shoot solely in raw, I do most of my editing using Canon Digital PhotoPro then touch up in Photoshop 7, I find that with the way i use it, I really don't think I could get the same shots with a point and shoot, HOWEVER I'm just saying that on a 800x600 size digital image, for contest purposes, during daytime shots, someone that gets a decent shot with a point and shoot will have a chance... They don't have to consider themselves already out, and there is already too much bickering about the terms..

a topic needs to be posted, there should only be a size restriction and from there its each persons artistic vision.

shoot HDR, shoot B&W, Photoshop it none, photoshop it until it looks like a ferrari, if your good at taking shots it will show through..

*yawN* at this point.

obsidian6

Creative.
Car(s)
MkV GTI
i hear the m8 is pretty good too

But of course the M8 is a badass. I used to shoot leicas. Good times all around. But I would HARDLY call ANY Leica Rangefinder a P&S camera. It takes a different eye and skill to shoot with those properly.

Don't forget the M8 Body is also $5500 and the cheapest leica lens is still over $1k new.

If I didn't intend to shoot professionally anymore I would gladly sell all my Canon gear and get an M8 w/ 35 f/1.4 summilux and 50 f/1.4 summilux (plus a couple Voigtlander lenses.) But for my shooting type, it's not practical, despite as much as I want it. (and I get 25% off all leica equipment too!)

Last edited: