GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV: Knocking noise under driverside dash

ckev70

'07 Rabbit

When Air or AC is on speed 1 or 2 (high speeds may be drowning out the noise), there is a light periodic rapping/knocking sound that seems to come from under the driver side dash. I was able to locate the part since it seems to attempt moving but it's stuck. Not sure if this is a for blender door or something similar.

It's held by 6mm screw (at least i saw 1 (noted by picture with blue arrow) but there may be another holding it in.
There is another component that seems to be holding it down (6mm screw - pink arrow)

To access: remove bottom dash panel
Disconnect air plenum connecting to where the it looks like a blower resister or possible air sensor is located once the ducting is disconnected. This ducting has a screw on the left (haven't attempted to remove it completely) and probably needs more of the underdash to be removed.

Any ideas what this component is - In green square?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 9.04.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 9.04.14 PM.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 9.04.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 9.04.34 PM.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 180
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 9.05.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 9.05.24 PM.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

ckev70

Temp control motor, do you have a climatic or climatronic HVAC

I'm not aware of any auto climate control.

Is there a way to confirm? I'm finding 2 different sets of HVAC part numbers: Looks like there is a Denso vs Valeo design

Last edited:

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
OK so you have a Climatic and that is the V68 temp regulator flap motor and there are two different part numbers for it. I would contact the dealer and given them you VIN and ask for the correct Part number and price and then shop around if they are still available.