GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help please

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
How much is VAGCOM I’ve heard of it but never looked into it what’s it exactly do I’m new to the GTI life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The website he linked is the official and I fully support them. I’d add that you can access nearly anything a dealer can diagnosis or do to your car with vagcom including flashing the ecu and changing almost any software setting - disable abs, turn off airbags... not recommended, swap from NA settings to ROW settings etc. not just the simple stuff like make your horn beep 3 times when it unlocks or roll down your windows with your key fob.

Also you can find used cables floating around pretty frequently. Older versions are VIN unlimited but the newer ones are more updated for newer models therefore more expensive. I have a hexcan cable that’s a few years old and it’s been fine for me.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Speak of the devil

This is on golfmk6 tho

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed
The website he linked is the official and I fully support them. I’d add that you can access nearly anything a dealer can diagnosis or do to your car with vagcom including flashing the ecu and changing almost any software setting - disable abs, turn off airbags... not recommended, swap from NA settings to ROW settings etc. not just the simple stuff like make your horn beep 3 times when it unlocks or roll down your windows with your key fob.

Also you can find used cables floating around pretty frequently. Older versions are VIN unlimited but the newer ones are more updated for newer models therefore more expensive. I have a hexcan cable that’s a few years old and it’s been fine for me.

Are they vehicle specific the wires ?

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
They’ll list the vehicles it works with - generally it’s a wide range of cars by generation. Eg - the mini can should work with mk4-mk6 for sure. And most Audis in the same generation. Not sure about older or newer tbh since I have a mk5 and a mk6.

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed
They’ll list the vehicles it works with - generally it’s a wide range of cars by generation. Eg - the mini can should work with mk4-mk6 for sure. And most Audis in the same generation. Not sure about older or newer tbh since I have a mk5 and a mk6.

Thank you for the help !!!