GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My second build on my 08 GTI

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Getting closer to dyno..... right now they are waiting for a custom connector from Megasquirt for the extra injector. Apparently it didn't ship with kit and Megasquirt is in UK to compound issues.

It will have been at AUTuning for 1 year as of March 27th. I am kind of excited to get a drive in this thing since it is so much more radical than my old stock plus K04 build.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Getting closer to dyno..... right now they are waiting for a custom connector from Megasquirt for the extra injector. Apparently it didn't ship with kit and Megasquirt is in UK to compound issues.

You already going for the extra injector? I thought you will try the RS4 injectors with Aquamist direct port before going for the extra injector.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You already going for the extra injector? I thought you will try the RS4 injectors with Aquamist direct port before going for the extra injector.

I have given tuner go ahead, my build in terms of fueling is what he did with his personal car with success, so building on his success. Some use of e85 will be involved so we will need the increased flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I would go for Revlimit larger injectors or BAR-TEK RSX injectors.

For now going to follow what tuner has had success with in past. I really am looking for a tune that is strong under the curve that will keep engine and turbo temps in check so I can beat on it all day long at the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion

It will have been at AUTuning for 1 year as of March 27th. I am kind of excited to get a drive in this thing since it is so much more radical than my old stock plus K04 build.

Megasquirt is not UK based, probably whomever they purchased the parts from is. The actual software (which is all megasquirt really is) is based right down the road from me in NC, and the major supplier that most everyone gets their hardware from (DIYautotune) is in GA.:iono:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Megasquirt is not UK based, probably whomever they purchased the parts from is. The actual software (which is all megasquirt really is) is based right down the road from me in NC, and the major supplier that most everyone gets their hardware from (DIYautotune) is in GA.:iono:

My bad on the location, I looked them up. They don't list much info about themselves and they don't provide a telephone # or an address so I thought I found a location but it was probably a dealer. The email only way they allow communication and their slow response to the emails from AUTuning is causing some delay for me. Poor me. You don't know anyone there do you?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

My bad on the location, I looked them up. They don't list much info about themselves and they don't provide a telephone # or an address so I thought I found a location but it was probably a dealer. The email only way they allow communication and their slow response to the emails from AUTuning is causing some delay for me. Poor me. You don't know anyone there do you?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
What is it specifically that you're looking for?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
That's really weird. What MS are you using? They all take generic connectors you should be able to get from pretty much anywhere. If you can find out what you're waiting on I can see if that's something we can come up with for you.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
That's really weird. What MS are you using? They all take generic connectors you should be able to get from pretty much anywhere. If you can find out what you're waiting on I can see if that's something we can come up with for you.

Thanks.... they are closed today, I will speak with them tomorrow to find out specifically what they are waiting for.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
You figure out what you're waiting on yet?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
You figure out what you're waiting on yet?

Yes part is on the way. Thanks
As mentioned I got the info 3rd hand, turns out it was the Torquebyte connector and it is on the way. Thanks for your willingness to help out sir.
Can hardly wait to get this thing tuned so I can drive it.

Last edited: