GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
You should really do an aftermarket steering wheel, that would save a surprisingly large amount of weight. Did you already take the airbag out of the dash?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
You should really do an aftermarket steering wheel, that would save a surprisingly large amount of weight. Did you already take the airbag out of the dash?

It's on my eventual list of things to do, but money is pretty tight right now. I've removed all the airbags except the steering wheel bag. Trying to figure out how to remove the bag but keep the center.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well, she ain't pretty but itll do just fine. New Tow rig/pig, 2001 Ford E350 with a 7.3L power stroke turbo diesel.

Planning on having it vinyl wrapped in the racecars liverly and incorporating sponsor and team logos.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
So just black and white? :lol:

The 7.3 van is kinda cool though, looks uh.... rusty.

AND RED!!! Smart ass... lol.

It's a Ford, of course its rusty lol. Sitting at 430k miles currently, just shy of my 83 K20 monster truck. The 7.3 are damn near bullet proof and since I'm a diesel tech for a living I dont have any issues working on it.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Just paint "free candy" on the side lol jk jk

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Oh dude, trust me all my friends are already beating that dead horse lmao.

Well went and picked the van up last night and I'm pleasantly surprised with it. In better shape than I was expecting. Drive 45min home with zero issues. Obviously at 465k miles she needs some work but overall I'm very happy.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Got my other bay cleared out and ready to move the racecar over so I can down the grey car for repairs I'm the coming weeks. Of course, I have 2 motor swaps for customers before I cam work on my own shit. Then back to the grind of getting the racecar ready for the season. Definitely sucks a little bit, as the funds going to the grey car were reserved for the racecar (new brake pads, fluids, misc odds and ends).

nebgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 white gti
dump the dsg will lose a lot of weight. new guy to this thread hope you don't mind me chiming in! if you need a driver coach lmk I raced in ctscc back when it was called that lol. what's the cars weight at the moment if you don't mind me asking?? Ever thought of entering the car in AER? love what you have done posting this with only positive intent!

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
dump the dsg will lose a lot of weight. new guy to this thread hope you don't mind me chiming in! if you need a driver coach lmk I raced in ctscc back when it was called that lol. what's the cars weight at the moment if you don't mind me asking?? Ever thought of entering the car in AER? love what you have done posting this with only positive intent!

AER :wub::wub::wub: