GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Pretorias?

Those are nice & sell for a pretty penny. Somewhat light, for OEM, BUT they seem sorta fragile as I've seen a lot bent (easily)

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to stay away from potholes. I got them for a pretty good deal.

Nvm, I randomly had a dream about this last night and woke up remembering this is a parks and rec reference

lol yeah man, they had a bad raccoon problem

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to stay away from potholes. I got them for a pretty good deal.

The new wheels look VERY good. :thumbsup:
I always liked them & they're light, don't get me wrong, but they're apparently not the strongest

What are you lowered on btw?
(and whatever mods you have)

Would you mind divulging the "pretty good deal"?
Usually they sell ~$800-1000 just for the wheels. Some people were selling them with tires in the $1500-1800 range (as take-offs)....pretty insane, IMO

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I see Conti tires on them...was it this set?
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47736

You're good - yeah that was them. He was kind enough to take $1400. The Conti DWS06's are brand new & wheels are in extremely good shape - I can't find a single scratch.

Lowered on VWR springs - had 15mm front & 20mm rear spacers in but was rubbing a little - so switched to 10mm spacers all around, which fixed the rubbing.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yeah, Prets are pretty common over on the MK7 board. A very stylish OEM option. I'm still trying to find someone to sell or trade me some Watkin Glen or Lagunas haha.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Yeah they changed part numbers on those wheels because of that problem.

Side note: I got my MKV running.... again.