GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Holy shit, wish I had a spare $1800 lying around right about now. A second set of R2s would be awesome (no down time when sent out for rebuild).

So why didnt you go R2 at that price?

Many other expenses all at once, remodeling a couple of our bathrooms and my TV got killed during demolition so of course I had to replace it immediately 75in 4K QLED bunch of money going out all at once, had to try and please the wife by making a cut somewhere.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Picked up the R1s at Will Call today.
They look great, top quality.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
sub'd for round2 awesomeness. And yeah, I paid a significant amount more for my R2's :(

I know how you feel when you miss a deal, I would have missed it and paid full boat for the R1s had it not been for just dumb luck that I happened to browse the Eibach site. Google didn't pick up their pricing. My eyes popped when I saw the price.

Took the Eibachs and the track wheels/tires down for install. Once engine is tuned, suspension will get dialed in and corner balanced. Then, then, maybe..... I will get to drive the car.

Track set are the RSe5 wheels with the Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires. It was a compromise but Randy Pobst likes em a lot so they will get the job done and I can drive them on the street if I want.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The Eibach R1 Coils require OE style mount. Decided to go with something stiffer. Supposed to be about 50% stiffer than stock.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I bought 034 rear trailing arms and the rear control arms with spherical bushings but I missed the toe links so they are here now. I better remember to use loctite with all the adjustable stuff from tubular control arms, Toe links, swaybar endlinks, rear control arms.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Just use blue locktite, do not use red. I havent had a single issue with any of my adjustable components with the blue and I put her through her paces.

Will do.
Hey Das are you running Stienjager front sway bar links?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Went to visit the car today. Dropped off all the rest of the suspension stuff they will install today I believe.

Eibach R1 coilover set
034 track density strut mounts and bearings
Steinjager spherical front sway end links
034 Rear spherical sway endlinks
034 Rear spherical adjustable toe links

Hello my old friend.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Went to visit the car today. Dropped off all the rest of the suspension stuff they will install today I believe.

Eibach R1 coilover set
034 track density strut mounts and bearings
Steinjager spherical front sway end links
034 Rear spherical sway endlinks
034 Rear spherical adjustable toe links

Hello my old friend.

Finally will be ready to drive after long time, wish you will enjoy it bro.