GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Mr. merkeyterkey is an awesome human and made a cast coolant flange from the model i drew up

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
A little late in the season, but finished making a plug and play fuel pump control module relocation harness. Helps relocate the control module to keep it cool. If it overheats, it causes a severe fuel cut. If anyone is interested, let me know and i can whip one up.

I suffered the severe fuel cuts because my LPFP control module would overheat. I bought the version of this that Eric made a long time ago and it worked great. No more fuel cuts or overheating in Florida and Georgia summers. This looks even easier now because there is not splicing involved.

^^^
Where does this relocate it to, with the provided length?
(i.e. where is the better/ideal location?)

I'm not sure if the wire length is the same as the old ones, but I was able to relocate mine on the original version of this extension harness to under the plastic cover where the satellite radio box is supposed to be.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Is that what they're called? During my time working on military training stuff, we always called them cannon plugs.

same difference. Amphenol is the brand name, cannon plug is a generic term for them. I got lucky and found this in a del sol at a junkyard a few years back. The two connector halves retail for $150. I'd prefer black but I only paid $5 for the pair

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Made some progress on the harness tonight. Created a spreadsheet with connector name, ECM pin number and splice information. Labeled each wire with the help of the quick reference diagram i made a while back. Ordered raychem boots and more pins so i can install the wires in the connector. Should have it assembled by next week