GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
AU making sloooow progress. So not much to report.
I decided NOT to go with the flares and oversized wheel widths etc. Going stock sizing and staying light sort of... 21.5 lbs per wheel with great brake clearance so no spacers needed for clearance of the Brembo 18Z calipers.

I am going with Neuspeed RSe11 18x8 with PVD finish and 225/40 Mich 4S tires. Wheels came in today.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I decided NOT to go with the flares and oversized wheel widths etc. Going stock sizing and staying light sort of... 21.5 lbs per wheel with great brake clearance so no spacers needed for clearance of the Brembo 18Z calipers.

I am going with Neuspeed RSe11 18x8 with PVD finish and 225/40 Mich 4S tires. Wheels came in today.

Thank baby Jesus. I actually like those wheels, same finish as i have on my BBS CHs. Might have to look into that

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Nice wheels.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
So finished off the majority of the garage now.

Work table and racks on one side of garage for wife stuff and my stuff and tools on the other side of the garage.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well I got a call from AUTuning today.... they could not find the distribution block for the Aquamist system..... which is a good sign. We found it and they said they would have an update for me tomorrow with some pictures. I am excited to hear where we are and that something has happened.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Were we seperated at birth, looking at the same flooring and cabinents. Are those the pro3.0 line cabinets? How do you like them?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Were we seperated at birth, looking at the same flooring and cabinents. Are those the pro3.0 line cabinets? How do you like them?

Brothers from another mother.... They are New Age Pro 3.0 cabinets. Really like them. Just bought one more of them for the other side of the garage.

Installing the sound system and 43in 4K TV on my workbench now. It will have a Roku device and a Mac mini. Klipsch speakers and Denon receiver.

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Mounted the tires on new wheels. Really looking forward to seeing them on the car with the Brembos behind them.
Neuspeed RSe11 with PVD/black chrome finish.

18x8 225/40 Michelin PS4 (daily wheels/tires)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
UPDate

No official reports yet but they did call and say they were in the process of mounting the Aquamist reservoirs in the back (they called to ask about mounting preference) and I know they were doing under the hood work yesterday so the Aquamist install should be near completion or done. That means intake manifold is on and all the fuel stuff is in place now sooooo we should be getting closer to actual startup.

Still waiting for official report on progress and pics.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Except for some sort of cover for the water heater I think the garage is about done. Sound system and 4K TV are in. Just need wireless dongle for Ross-Tech and I am good.

Klipsch speakers
Denon 540BT Receiver
Roku Ultra 4K
LG 43" 4K TV
Mac Mini (running Mac and Win)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Progress pictures

Believe it or not ... progress pictures

Manifold with DI Aquamist is in and couple other things.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Went down to AUTuning. A lot has been done. Waiting for some intake tubing and one more turbo line. There is a chance the car will be started late next week.

We will run with the RS4 injectors and 100% Meth in the Aquamist direct inject system and see how far we get. If necessary will add a large 5th injector.

I may .... may... consider being one of the first to go with RS3 injectors here. At least I haven't seen anyone else in U.S. using them.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
What are your power goals again?

Originally is was 450 to the wheels but I would like to see how close I can get to 500whp for the most extreme tune. I will probably have a couple of tunes, one for road course and one for just playing around (non-track) full power. Hopefully with the RS4 injectors and 100% methanol I can get close to 450. I will ultimately buy whatever fueling I need to get the power levels. Prepared to toss some money at it to finish it off the way I want it.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
It's alive!

I got a call from AU today and they fired up the car for the first time and said it sounds great and all working fine. So I think it is actually 1 year to the day from start to first ignition.

Aquamist system needs to be finished up, need to finish building the intake and couple of other items and then to the dyno for tuning. Finally getting close.