GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project racecar. Build #1

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well, in one of the coolest moments of my life, got Tanner Foust to come on the track with some of the VW Racers members for some rolling shots at Gridlife midwest! Ill have more pictures later, but here a teaser for now.

Edited that last photo and came up with this, one of the first times I've played with a photo editor and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
That's a great way to piss off the original photographer, better not let them see it lol.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
I'd love to make it out to Gridlife Midwest next year. A bunch of my friends came out this year, Zac in the grey Mk7 GTI and Darryl in the white Mk7 R you did that shoot with. I saw your car in a few of their Instagram posts

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I'd love to make it out to Gridlife Midwest next year. A bunch of my friends came out this year, Zac in the grey Mk7 GTI and Darryl in the white Mk7 R you did that shoot with. I saw your car in a few of their Instagram posts

Oh dude, you know them!? Had a blast running with them and ended up fixing both of their cars lol. Great guys and glad they made it out, they fit right in with our crew here and were a pleasure to hang out with. You better make it out next year so we can have 2 MKV's running in time attack.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Should come down to grid life Road Atlanta.

Man do I wish, we actually almost bought my buddy Ryan's track mod TA ticket. However, we've had some medical misfortune and are currently down an income so money has gotten crazy right. Would love to finally meet you in person, I'm assuming you are going?

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Probably not this year, definitely want to make it out to a grid life event, seems like tons of fun. Problem is that I don't currently have a car suitable for a DE, and bringing one of the racecars would be a bit too much of a hassle, plus putting additional hours on them, ect, ect...

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
I'm getting really tempted to send this GT2876R out for a rebuild/upgrade and just slap it on my stock motor with a low boost tune. Found a shop in Canada that will rebuild, port and polish the manifold and compressor housing, machine the housing and upgrade to a GTX2876R and ceramic coat the whole setup for around $800 USD. I'd have to do the injectors, lpfp and FPRV at the same time but shes due for a carbon cleaning anyway.

Thoughts on this idea till I can finish my other motor?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Sell it, buy a bigger turbo. As soon as you get it on and running you’re going to want to upgrade

I dont want to go to a 30 series, spool times and power band just aren't what I want for the track. I was considering a 29 series but the more research I do it just doesn't seem worth it. Goal is just over 400whp and I really dont want more than that since fueling becomes an issue. The GTX2876R seems to be the sweet spot.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Also keep in mind I'm still K03 on the racecar. My K04 daily feels great but I just want a little more than what they can put out on the racecar so the GTX2876R is the turbo I'm going with.

I have the S3 injectors and RS4 FRPV ready to go on with the turbo. Hoping the lpfp is up to the task.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Also keep in mind I'm still K03 on the racecar. My K04 daily feels great but I just want a little more than what they can put out on the racecar so the GTX2876R is the turbo I'm going with.

I have the S3 injectors and RS4 FRPV ready to go on with the turbo. Hoping the lpfp is up to the task.

It won't be.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco

I had the GTX2867R for 2 years and the power level I had was amazing, you will need an upgraded LPFP to have a steady power level specially on track.
I would suggest to stick to the GTX2867R.