GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil change every 1k

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
My car burn so much oil it’s not even funny I literally gotta get a oil change every 1k but I check the exhaust it no blue smoke coming out or any leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
What type are you using? It should be euro spec synthetic

I used the one esc tuning sell I duMp the whole 5 quart in the motor cause I was upset and now it’s at minimum [emoji23] last oil change was at 84,590 now I’m at 86,000

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
ECS's Castrol Edge? It is only 51% to 70% synthetic. At this point, even 100% synthetic won't fix this, but you should consider 100% synthetic from now on. When you see "Full Synthetic" it means the oil is greater than 50% synthetic. Try LiquiMoly 5w40, NAPA carries it...it is 100% syn. You are likely now losing oil through the valve guides and seals...and will begin smoking noticeably when a ring is shot. I suggest you begin putting money aside...will cost almost $500 for a head rebuild which will include new seals and guides for the valves...but you will need more for any labor if not DoingIY.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
I used the one esc tuning sell I duMp the whole 5 quart in the motor cause I was upset and now it’s at minimum [emoji23] last oil change was at 84,590 now I’m at 86,000

Well between max and min there is only 1 quart so that would be a quart for 1k miles which is within VW tolerance...

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
ECS's Castrol Edge? It is only 51% to 70% synthetic. At this point, even 100% synthetic won't fix this, but you should consider 100% synthetic from now on. When you see "Full Synthetic" it means the oil is greater than 50% synthetic. Try LiquiMoly 5w40, NAPA carries it...it is 100% syn. You are likely now losing oil through the valve guides and seals...and will begin smoking noticeably when a ring is shot. I suggest you begin putting money aside...will cost almost $500 for a head rebuild which will include new seals and guides for the valves...but you will need more for any labor if not DoingIY.

Smoke from where ?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Smoke would be visible out the exhaust when a ring/s is shot...bad valve guides and seals wouldn't smoke noticeably unless they were very badly worn. I had both "bad guides/seals" and "a ring stuck in one piston". Mine smoked badly when I would let off the throttle and coast while in a low gear...and then if I had given it near full throttle some time just before coming to a stop, and would smoke badly when I would take off from the stop. Finally got it taken apart and found the valve stem guides and seals needed replacing, but also had oily combustion chambers in cylinders #3 and #4 which pointed to taking the pistons out for inspection only to find the stuck ring in piston number four. I replaced piston-4, all the rings and rod bearings.

Yes...do the leak-down...a compression test may show something as well.

Cjpolokid

Ready to race!
Smoke would be visible out the exhaust when a ring/s is shot...bad valve guides and seals wouldn't smoke noticeably unless they were very badly worn. I had both "bad guides/seals" and "a ring stuck in one piston". Mine smoked badly when I would let off the throttle and coast while in a low gear...and then if I had given it near full throttle some time just before coming to a stop, and would smoke badly when I would take off from the stop. Finally got it taken apart and found the valve stem guides and seals needed replacing, but also had oily combustion chambers in cylinders #3 and #4 which pointed to taking the pistons out for inspection only to find the stuck ring in piston number four. I replaced piston-4, all the rings and rod bearings.

Yes...do the leak-down...a compression test may show something as well.

I think I found the problem it’s a bad valve seals gasket because oil is coming up through the torque screw it look exactly like the picture below

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
have your PCV checked, then have those seals/gaskets and possibly valve cover replaced nowish or you get to replace your timing chain, cams, etc when the oil pressure driven chain tensioner fails. Also check your coilpacks/spark plugs too.

Yes I've had this happen before.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Why an "Oil change every 1000 miles"? ←from original post #1.

That leak is not where you are losing 1qt/1500 miles.