GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Took the MK7 to do the dealer today to get my recently replaced under warranty DSG shifter with a new one because it was getting stuck in S and not springing back to D like it should...

They tell me they don't think it's the shifter and that they're going to replace the cable instead. So, they ordered that and it will be in tomorrow. They did put me into a loaner...

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
Took the MK7 to do the dealer today to get my recently replaced under warranty DSG shifter with a new one because it was getting stuck in S and not springing back to D like it should...

They tell me they don't think it's the shifter and that they're going to replace the cable instead. So, they ordered that and it will be in tomorrow. They did put me into a loaner...

Waitaminute. Isn't there a recall for the shifter, but not the cable? It sounds to me like this stealership wants your money more than they care about your car. (or your health)

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI

Also, how *is* the Atlas? Looks great.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Waitaminute. Isn't there a recall for the shifter, but not the cable? It sounds to me like this stealership wants your money more than they care about your car. (or your health)

No recall that I know of. I'm not sure if they ever pushed a TSB through or not, but this is specifically for the "Error: Service Vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position!" message that a bunch of people were getting.

I saw the new shifter sitting in the box on the passenger seat when I went out to get my work keyfob out of the car, so I don't doubt that they were going to replace it if they needed to.

I think what happened is that they tested the shifter with the cable detached and realized it's fine and that the cable is probably binding in some way.

Also, how *is* the Atlas? Looks great.

It's super comfy and there's a ton of room. If I had a bunch of kids, I'd definitely consider one if I needed the space. It's a base model 4 cylinder, so it's a bit slow for its size. Also, it shuts down when you come to a stop, and while I know that's common these days, I'm not a huge fan since the restart has a jerk to it and isn't seamless. I'm sure that's nothing a little OBD11 couldn't code out though (it might be a menu option, but I didn't RTFM haha).

ZiRiS

Sergeant
Car(s)
'09 BMP GTI
No recall that I know of. I'm not sure if they ever pushed a TSB through or not, but this is specifically for the "Error: Service Vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position!" message that a bunch of people were getting.

I saw the new shifter sitting in the box on the passenger seat when I went out to get my work keyfob out of the car, so I don't doubt that they were going to replace it if they needed to.

I think what happened is that they tested the shifter with the cable detached and realized it's fine and that the cable is probably binding in some way.

It's super comfy and there's a ton of room. If I had a bunch of kids, I'd definitely consider one if I needed the space. It's a base model 4 cylinder, so it's a bit slow for its size. Also, it shuts down when you come to a stop, and while I know that's common these days, I'm not a huge fan since the restart has a jerk to it and isn't seamless. I'm sure that's nothing a little OBD11 couldn't code out though (it might be a menu option, but I didn't RTFM haha).
I stand corrected, Sir. Carry on.

Yeah, if I had a whole mess of young kids, it'd be great. But my kids are all grown up with kids of their own. I think I'll stick with my MkV GTI. [emoji3]