GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My DaiLy_ProJecT • Golf MKV GT

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Oh god, new wheels look amazing! Really finished off the overall look. I have to say, I'd keep the bronze, they look so good on your car. You have also inspired me to paint my tire lettering lol.

Edit: what spoiler extension is that? Looks soooooo good.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Great updates. I know you love the Audi, but this car is my first choice!

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Oh god, new wheels look amazing! Really finished off the overall look. I have to say, I'd keep the bronze, they look so good on your car. You have also inspired me to paint my tire lettering lol.

Edit: what spoiler extension is that? Looks soooooo good.

Hello there, and thank you.

Yes, wheels really set the car off, and they were exactly what I had in my mind. I was ready to go anthracite/gunmetal, but that might have to wait, cause the bronze is looking great.

As for the spoiler, if you mean the trunk one, it is a Caractere one. Really sporty yet subtle. Gives it what it needs I think.

Cheers

Great updates. I know you love the Audi, but this car is my first choice!

I love all my cars, and this one in particular, I was asked a lot of times to sell, but no, I love this car, plus i have more things to come, stay tuned

Cheers

Mike

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Some more updates then. This update is posted both on the Golf and AUD1ESEL blog, due to them possibly being used on both cars.

Some time ago I sourced and received these beauties.

Damn some people scratching everything

18Z in front, 6 pot

Rears

The calipers, supposedly came with brake pads. However, what you are about to see, will change your mind as to how much stupidity can exist out there.

Thought I'd give them a good clean while on vacation, so as to see their condition more properly

Notice anything weird?

In all their glory

i guess pads for these calipers were costing a bit more, so why not weldo other friction material on there

Anyhow

Real colour appeared

Secret ingredient when cleaning calipers - Cold Corona

This one, also has some damage

Front calipers were also cleaned

Again annoying pics

came out nice

All of them together

So my thoughts are :

-Use all 4 calipers on the Golf, as fronts and rears.
-Use the 6 pots on the Golf as fronts, and leave rears as they are, or install OEM 312 fronts on the rear, and install the 4 pots on the AUD1ESEL as fronts, and likewise, install the A1 fronts on the A1 rear axle.
-Use all 4 calipers on Golf, and buy other 6pots for the A1 as fronts - LoL

Either way, golf will be having the 6pots as fronts, so starting with that, I need to source some stuff.

So

1. Mercedes-Benz GL450 discs, 350x32mm discs
2. Brake Pads
3. 14 to 16 special bolts
4. 65 to 67mm rings
5. Modify brake lines

So far

1. I have found Zimmerman drilled ones to be the most likely to buy

2. Does anyone have any part numbers handy ? I will search though when time comes. Something for everyday use, not like a Ferodo DS2500/3000 I had in the past. Something quiet and effective.

3. Sourced those bolts from JHM as a kit and here they are

4. Sourced the rings needed as well, and here they are

Stay tuned, more to come.
Feel free to send me your suggestions on sourcing parts for this new project, as I am new to brake world, other than my bolt-on 8-pot kit on the blue RS4PRA project.

For faster updates, follow me on instagram, @mgpdoc

Cheers

Mike

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Had a quick washing session of both cars

One doctor loves another I guess

I also received these as a sample to test on my car

It is a tyre-letter-sticker kit

The sample letters were MOTORSPORT

Havent really had time to see it, will get to that later

So, let me demonstrate, how the car sits currently with the new wheel setup

From far, everything is ok, hehe

Wheels poke as pics will show

Resulting in this, especially at the back, where rolling the fenders is difficult

Did my best to make it somewhat better by doing this at the back

Made things much better at the back, but still solutions must be found both front and rear.

My thoughs are

1. Wider fenders at the front that are for sale, but then what at the back
2. Custom overfenders front and rear, but the Golf mkv is a car that i simply cannot like with any kind of overfender no matter how good of a job was done to it
3. Custom body shop work front and rear, where I did my RS4 Audi conversion, and this is the most likely to happen. Something OEM, just a bit wider, nothing crazy. The normal eye will not even be able to see it. That is how i want it to be done. Till then though rubbing will continue I guess, cause I simply dont want to go to a smaller tyre. I wish these wheel were ET40 and not 35, it would be great. Oh well.

In other news, installed a wheel nut lock key set on my wheels

Before

And after

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Another issue that had been bothering me, is the two heater/coolant pipes that were close to the external wastegate dump tube.

Although I had the tube covered in DEI exhaust wrap, and they had no issues, just for my peace of mind I wanted something more than that.

So, out came the DEI gold heat reflective tape

Next to the TIAL mvs

And also did the second one even though it wasnt really needed just for ocd matters

Much better

And some videos from the last days despite the 38+ degrees Celcius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZKqAe0E8hk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFHj2MmdOFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4vZmk-U0vc

Cheers :)

Mike

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Hello there

Car has been running great and very strong, been enjoying it mostly

Although I do have some things to do it, i havent gotten to it yet due to limited time

I still need to get brakes installed, source the parts missing for the 4wd swap at some point, and probably source some wider front fenders for those massive tires :)

Cheers

More to come

Mike​

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Car looks great and that meaty fitment! But the rubbing must be horrible with those tires. I'd say srs-tech front fenders, looks very subtle but will get rid of the rubbing. The rears lol i guess camber's all you can do?
Havn't seen any overhang rear fenders that look good on the mkv.
235/40 and it would have been a no brainer...

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Car looks great and that meaty fitment! But the rubbing must be horrible with those tires. I'd say srs-tech front fenders, looks very subtle but will get rid of the rubbing. The rears lol i guess camber's all you can do?
Havn't seen any overhang rear fenders that look good on the mkv.
235/40 and it would have been a no brainer...

SRS-TEC is the way i will be probably be goingon the front. As for the rear, camber did help a lot, however, not solving completely the issue. And i do want to corner this car hard when possible, so will see what more I can do.
I dislike overfenders on mkv, not the look i love, personally, at least not on these cars.

Thank you for good words :)

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I love seeing this build. My setup is not so aggressive but I did aluminum housings in the rear that increased track width 9mm. I tried rolling back there, bad idea. Looking forward to your custom bodywork.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Car is stunning!! Congrats!! Easily best looking MKV (my opinion)!! Great job on the interior. I might consider doing a similar theme. Which Recaros did you end up going with if you don't mind me asking?