GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introductions thread (Part 2)

Pjotter

Peter here, from The Netherlands (living in Germany). And I recently bought myself a black 07 GTI.

Before this car I had a 2001 1.4 VW Polo. So its a big update from me. To be honest my experiences with the Polo weren't all that great. Lots of electrical problems and other expensive repair jobs. So when it was time for another car (Polo had 200.000 km) my first thoughts didn't go to VW. And I was almost sure I was going to buy a Honda Civic Type R. (I loved that car back when I was little) But they were really hard to get around here. I did however managed to get a test drive in a '03 version (pre facelift) but that was a big disappointment the car was used like an old Toyota pickup truck. And also the ride itself wasn't all that great. Too sporty for me. And so the search continued and got me to look for some other cars and eventually back to the VAG to check out a Seat Ibiza Cupra and a VW Polo 9n2 GTI.
The long search for a new car had one positive side: The longer I waited the more money I had to spend :smile: And so I also started looking for a bigger cars. And so a couple weeks ago I had my first test drive with the GTI. And basically I was sold after the first meters. So at the end of the day I made the deal. I bought it at an official VW dealer so it had to be made drive ready first. Which ended up to be one of the longest weeks in my life...

Seeing that I live just across the border in Germany and have the Autobahn a couple km from my home it had to be done. And on a sunny sunday afternoon I ended doing 240 km/u on the A31 :biggrin:

Seeing my English isn't my native language I hope it's readable :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 3,624

mrerok

my name is eric. im from vacaville, california. after a long history of bagged trucks and an is350, im looking to get myself into a gti. i've driven quite a few of them and i'm absolutely in love. should be in one within a few weeks!

Helltime

Ready to race!
Hi, My name is Justin, I live in Iowa and I just picked up my 2009 GTI a couple weeks ago, this is my 3rd GTI (4th VW) first 2 GTis were MK4 1.8Ts (latest one was apr Stage 3+). So far this car is far beyond the other 2 GTis in every category except stereo system, hopefully that will change soon and I can then start on the performance goodies.

ka9

hi newbi

Hello all, I just purchased my first VW .. an 04 golf. had it for a week now, love it :smile:

anti suv

Hi everyone, I'm Aaron, I just bought an 2008 GTI for a daily driver while I gather parts for a 2GR-FE engine swap in my mr2. I'm really liking the GTI and will probably be doing a few dd friendly mods in the future. I already ordered some shifter bushings and ECS Pendulum/bushing insert and I am researching shock and spring upgrades for a near future mod.

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
Hey errbody!
I'm Dietrich. Just bought my 2009 GTI with DSG on Monday. Loving this thing!
Only 43,000 on her, hoping for many more trouble-free miles.

This is what I sold to buy the GTI:

:thumbsup: Howdy and welcome. This is Doug from FF.

dohc324ci

Ready to race!
Car(s)
03 Mercury Marauder
Just picked up a 2007 GTI with DSG, Sunroof and a boost gauge. I had it up on a lift to get a quote on a custom exhaust and noticed the Vogtland springs? But figured there OE since it is German. I had some on my SN95 Mustang GT so easy to spot. Was able to call the dealer who serviced this car and had them fax me over the service logs OMG....19pgs!

VW seems to nickle and dime their customers! The good: timing belt, water pump, tensioner and pulley replaced at 105K and normal oil changes seems consistent since purchase. The Bad: DSG trans not serviced or none listed; dealer recommended Camshaft cam follower replaced for check engine? WT? I purchased but no check engine? huh?

Recalls closed and completed: ignition coils, headlamp, front seat side impact wiring.
Recalls open: IMRC motor, ECM/TCM update, PCV Valve.....
Also, previous owner had VW replace the cluster, radio

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Hi guys, been here since September. Got this 09 GTI while I was looking for an MK4 R32. Much happier with this verus the older gen. I used to have an 01 Jetta Wolfsburg, which I let go to keep my swapped Honda Crx. Long story short, I love this car and it works for my family. The only mods so far are a drop-in filter and PCV bypass. Removed the 11% tint after I was pulled over. Crx is moving on to my nephew.

Last edited:

Mantus

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, all. I'm Adam from Huntsville, Alabama, and I bought my 2009 White DSG GTI yesterday. I've been lurking for a bit - this forum has been very helpful in figuring out what year to get and what mods to plan for.