GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tires Wearing out fast? HELP.

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
What is your ride height, toe, and camber settings for both front and rear?
Also need your wheel off-set and rim width info too.

Provide us info like this.

Front:
Ride height(Wheel arch top to hub center): 325mm(12.8inch)
Tire: 245/40-18
Wheel: 18x8 +ET50
Camber: L -2.39deg / R -2.22deg
Toe: L -0.06 / R -0.04, total -0.10deg

Rear:
Ride height(Wheel arch top to hub center): 330mm(13.0inch)
Tire: 205/50-17
Wheel: 17x8 +ET47
Camber: L -1.35 / R -1.45deg
Toe: L +0.01 / R +0.01 total +0.02deg

GTI_Speed

SteelCities SCCA AutoX
Car(s)
08 GTI
This seems to be a toe-out issue. With stock top mounts aka no camber plates you aren't going to be able to get enough negative camber to cause the inside tires to wear excessively. Not sure how your alignment shop does things but if they use degrees and you are around 0.1* to -0.1* on each side you should be fine. For daily driving you should be towards the positive side.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I still don't know all the info. But I'll post it when I talk to the guys in the shop ...

espo92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Audi A3 2.0T
Wear

Kennth,
I had the same issue right before I got my rabbit with my Pontiac G6. We determined the problem to be the alignment was WAY off. Im not sure if youve checked it yet, but start there. I know it definately evened out the wear for the 2 months I had the car after that. However I didnt notice mine until AFTER they were so bad they had to be replaced, but hopefully you figure it out beforehand. Best of luck.

kenneth_cano

kenneth
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
Kennth,
I had the same issue right before I got my rabbit with my Pontiac G6. We determined the problem to be the alignment was WAY off. Im not sure if youve checked it yet, but start there. I know it definately evened out the wear for the 2 months I had the car after that. However I didnt notice mine until AFTER they were so bad they had to be replaced, but hopefully you figure it out beforehand. Best of luck.

Thanks, yea i had my alignment done this past month.
Need to drive it around to see if its the problem.

also my car still pulls slightly to the left at highway speeds after getting the alignment ?

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
With my experience, it seems paying a bit more at a performance shop for an alignment is worth it.

Either your alignment is still off, or you have other suspension components that need to be replaced.