GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clearcoat peeling off front bumper.. again...

Goglu71

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 Golf TDI
I don't drive a GTI or Rabbit, but it's still a MKV.. 2008 laser blue 2.5 jetta...

As mentioned in the title, I have a clearcoat problem on the front bumper... It started 2 months after buying the car (2008 Laser Blue 2.5), clearcoat started peeling off the insert just below headlight. They fixed the problem under warranty and there obviously is a note in my file saying that the car had clearcoat problems. Now, 9.5 months later again, clearcoat is peeling off, but this time it's the bumper itself that needs to be repainted. Brought the car in, the service guy took pictures to send to VW saying that it would all be okidooki as it was already noted that there wasa problem with the clear... They called me back to come for an estimate and told me that they would get the ok from VW in more or less 2 weeks. Now, here's my beef, VW is asking me to go back to the dealership so they can take mooore pictures, this time of the whole car, front, back, left, right and top.. wtf is this s**t ? I have no problems with them taking pics of my car as it's very well maintained and kept very clean, but, at the same time I'm getting the feeling they're gonna try to screw me over, which is in fact getting on my nerves... in a big way. any advice ? either from someone with a similar experience or just anyone ?

Btw, I do not tailgate anyone, especially big rigs, to avoid getting hit with rocks'n's**t, like I said, I love my car and baby it.

Thanks for the info(s)

Eric

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
They are probably taking picture of the whole car to make sure there are no other faults in the paint/clear coat. They are not trying to screw you so don't worry.

Goglu71

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2012 Golf TDI
Follow-up…

The work as been approved and all, now the problem is that at the dealership where I bought the car, I was told that I would get a loaner while the work was being done (body shop next door @ Dodge dealership…).

But now, I have to bring the car 50km away to an other dealership because VW had too many complaints about the work done at Dodge, and this one is telling me that I have to go 2 to 3 days without a car, even if it’s warranty work… wtf ?? Why would one dealer say yes and the other say no ? And for warranty work to top it all off ! It’s not like I freakin’ keyed the car un purpose, it is the clear coat being shit and peeling off…

Any of you can give me a straight answer on whether or not I should cut balls… I’m in the Montreal area btw...

Thanks.