GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18" Hufweisen Optional Wheels

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
This is the best picture I could find of them:

Dude123

Oval Champion
I love them. That's why I added them as an option to my ride.

IT_Golf_man

Passed Driver's Ed
hipstomper said:
!?! oh man those look sweet but 29lbs is a ton :iono: I rather go aftermarket 18" then.

But if you're short on cash these r a good option, only costs about $700 to upgrade these from the dealer. $700 for nice looking 18" factory wheels is hard to beat.

Dude123

Oval Champion
Yeah, I believe it is worth it. Your car just looks so much nicer with good wheels.

loft

Ready to race!
Its probably smart to buy these and then sell em on the forum and get some nice aftermarket wheels with the extra money. Of course when the time comes to sell the car again you better be willing to sell it with the aftermarket wheels.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Dirty Pucka said:
These are called 'Monza II' alloys in the UK:smile:

The "real" name for the 18" wheels is the Denver (and the 17" ones are called Detroits). VW UK changed the names to Monza and Monza II because... well, they can.

They are absolutely lovely wheels though, but a bit heavy. Look stunning when properly cleaned and polished.

YenPxxx

Drag Racing Champion
cmdrfire said:
The "real" name for the 18" wheels is the Denver (and the 17" ones are called Detroits). VW UK changed the names to Monza and Monza II because... well, they can.

They are absolutely lovely wheels though, but a bit heavy. Look stunning when properly cleaned and polished.

That's for the UK tho right? In US they're called Hufweisen :iono:

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
YenPxxx said:
That's for the UK tho right? In US they're called Hufweisen :iono:

In the UK they're Monza and Monza II... They're meant to be call Detroit and Denver (most VW wheels apart from those for the Phaeton tend to follow the trend of being named after American cities... Santa Monicas, Indianoplis, etc) but VW UK tend to rename them after European F1 circuits (Imola, Hockenheim, and the like presumably because it makes them seem more "exotic"). Interesting to see that VW of America rename them too.
Out of interest, what are the stock 17" rims for the GTI called over there?

Dude123

Oval Champion
cmdrfire said:
In the UK they're Monza and Monza II... They're meant to be call Detroit and Denver (most VW wheels apart from those for the Phaeton tend to follow the trend of being named after American cities... Santa Monicas, Indianoplis, etc) but VW UK tend to rename them after European F1 circuits (Imola, Hockenheim, and the like presumably because it makes them seem more "exotic"). Interesting to see that VW of America rename them too.
Out of interest, what are the stock 17" rims for the GTI called over there?

Not exactly sure what they are called, but I know they are about 24lb each, which isn't much diffrerence between stock and Hufweisen.