GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Junyan Taillights

Temper

Touch my monkey..
Acoustic81 good choice man, they have a good rep with nice quality also. !!

http://www.tmtuning.com/vw/

What sucks more is that place you got them from is close to us too! I always thought < they were ok.

Last edited:

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
I think the decision of rice or not will have to wait till i see them actually installed on the car...

As of right now they're leaning towards rice..

Acoustic81

In-Tune
So here's an update:

I went back to SF to return the lights, and he said they were only covered under the manufacturer's warranty and that he'll send them out to have them replaced for me. After talking with him, he said that his lights (the ones i bought) were In.Pro lights. I pointed out the "Junyan" emblem in small letters and he said "I don't know about that, but they're In.Pro Lights." I told him that Junyan even had a site (www.junyan.com.tw) with the taillights listed on the site.

So now I figure that i'm being rooked and he's trying to sell some knock-off as In.Pro lights. So I get home and found In.Pro's website (www.in-pro.com). I looked on their site and I don't see anything with that style of taillight!! I don't know what to think anymore!

My head hurts from all this....I'll eventually get to the bottom of this...I'll keep you all posted!

Toolman

UG Owners Club UG0011
Okay.......after a little bit of searching:

I would say that junyan is the actual manufacturer of in.pro taillights in Taiwan.

http://www.inprocarwear.com/ is the American company that buys them from Junyan and sells them to the American market. Now.....if people are selling Junyan products they are probably buying direct from Taiwan or another market and bypassing in.pro.

Now, I do not know that this is for certain, but that is usually how that type of business works.

Generally aftermarket cosmetic parts do not fit as well as stock for as said earlier, legal patent issues. My info comes from a body shop so take it for what it is. I had TYC tails on my type-s...didn't fit 100%, had genesis projectors on same car...same problem, didn't fit 100%. If you want best fitment, modify the look of your OEMS. Sorry boss, I wish it wasn't like that either, I like the hella black LED tails and wanted them for my CW, but I don't want them to fit like crap.

Acoustic81

In-Tune
Update:

I took the tails back to Strictly Foreign and he wouldn't take them back. So I guess the little thing called customer service is a dead artform huh? Honestly, what I think happend was that the box was mishandled at some point and that's what weakened the plastic. He said that he would send them back to In-Pro for the manufacturer's warranty. Of course, they gave me a big fat "NO" to replacing the things, so now i'm stuck with them.

I emailed In-Pro to find out about the whole Junyan thing this morning and i'll let you all know what happens.

As far as what I'm going to do with them now, I put an assload of epoxy on the bolts to try and mount them back onto the housing. If that doesn't work, I'll sell them to someone here for real cheap if anyone wants them for replacements or spare parts.

Temper

Touch my monkey..
Damn ! Ok thats BS ...I'll steer clear of them in that case.
Lastnight I bumped into a few guys at the local Reading GTG, and met someone that had a similar thing happen with them also. I declare a WWW boycot on them !!
Would you want to look at getting some darker/smoked, or R32 tails from someone as a group buy? For some good Hellas? Ill go in with ya ?

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Acoustic81 said:
Update:

I took the tails back to Strictly Foreign and he wouldn't take them back. So I guess the little thing called customer service is a dead artform huh? Honestly, what I think happend was that the box was mishandled at some point and that's what weakened the plastic. He said that he would send them back to In-Pro for the manufacturer's warranty. Of course, they gave me a big fat "NO" to replacing the things, so now i'm stuck with them.

I emailed In-Pro to find out about the whole Junyan thing this morning and i'll let you all know what happens.

As far as what I'm going to do with them now, I put an assload of epoxy on the bolts to try and mount them back onto the housing. If that doesn't work, I'll sell them to someone here for real cheap if anyone wants them for replacements or spare parts.

Yo, they sold you a faulty product.. Bring'em to court.

Car(s)
'06 GTI
These new taillights are an easy replacement with a big look. Easy to install. they quality German taillights

Yeah, they seem like a very reputable company. Report them.