GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Golfs being marked up by VW dealers??

MKThree

Ready to race!
I just started looking into the 2007 Golfs and haven't done much price shopping nor thinking about my financing yet. Can you guys tell me if your local dealers are marking up the prices on these cars? If so, how much over MSRP are they asking for? Trying to get an idea of what is/isn't a good price for these right now. Thanks.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
MKThree said:
I just started looking into the 2007 Golfs and haven't done much price shopping nor thinking about my financing yet. Can you guys tell me if your local dealers are marking up the prices on these cars? If so, how much over MSRP are they asking for? Trying to get an idea of what is/isn't a good price for these right now. Thanks.

what ?? lol I dont think anyone is marking up the mk5.

MKThree

Ready to race!
Heh like I said I haven't even looked into real life pricing right now. But that's good news if there's no mark-up on the car. I was just afraid of seeing a mark-up cause cars like the Civic SI have crazy markups right now.

jeromy

Passed Driver's Ed
Is the R32 coming here as the same time as the GTI? That would have a markup at the start I believe, especially a blue one :bellyroll:

HGVT

Ready to race!
A local friend told me that some of the dealesr around me are just getting some GTIs now. I'll drop by a dealer tomorrow and report back on prices they're asking.

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
MKThree said:
Heh like I said I haven't even looked into real life pricing right now. But that's good news if there's no mark-up on the car. I was just afraid of seeing a mark-up cause cars like the Civic SI have crazy markups right now.

Honda is going crazy with this car. In Canada the car retails for $25,800. With a 7.65% lease rate on a 3 year lease with zero down they want $592 taxes in per month! Insane :eyebulge:

35NYR

Ready to race!
Whats the deal with that? My friend told me about the Civic Si markup too. Is it just insane demand or dealers just gouging like crazy?

Nobody's replied yet with how dealers are pricing the MKV. I see the official pricing in the sticky thread but also wanna know if VW dealers are being fair with prices.

loft

Ready to race!
I heard about some markups too, I think its mosty the real diehard that are getting screwed over by dealerships. Fuck em (the dealers). I think most people are gonna get the car during the summer and they will stop the markups by then. So no complaints but the dealers still make a quick buck. Its shady as hell. Never trust a dealership is my motto.

hipstomper

Go Kart Newbie
Rovman said:
Well my dealer took $1000 off of MSRP. Not bad, i would have wanted more but what the hay, i was going to get it anyway.

Sounds like a big difference between dealers :iono: :iono: One guy said 3k over sticker and you got 1k off sticker. Congrats btw!

joffangti

Passed Driver's Ed
I picked up mine for about 1,500 pounds below price,it was second hand only had 2000 miles on the clock,it was a cancelled order.His loss was my gain.:thumbsup:

MyFast

Passed Driver's Ed
msrp was 22,600 (same as on vw website) and dealer brought it down to 21,760 so i got it for below invoice, from what i heard.