GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Serious pet help needed - leg surgery :-/

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
Recently we found out that one of our dogs, Nismo, is going to need major surgery on Monday, involving metal plates on his leg, and having some bone removed. He has what is called a valgus deformity. This is a surgery that is going to set us back $3,000 to $5,000 just 7 weeks before our wedding, and regardless, we just don't have that kind of coin sitting around. Talk about stressful times....

We've entered him in a contest for the cutest pet photo. Please vote for him and help Nismo win so we can pay for his surgery!!!!! The link to vote is below the pics.

Here's some pics of Nismo and his leg:

http://pictureperfectpet.wetv.com/profile.aspx/KrysyGT/?sort=date&r=1&pos=3

THANK YOU!!!!! And please spread the word!

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
voted 10 for you man, i'm a big dog lover and its always sad to see something like that. a friend of mine had to just put down his 12yr old who was suffering from a badly torn ligament in the rear leg and multiple weekly seizures.

hope everything goes well for you. best of luck

JudgementDEY

Euro tuned Freak
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Yea my Jack Russell Terrier got hit by a car and had to get a bone plate. It sucks I saw him in Pain for at least 2 months. I know what your going through Hang in there. You got my Vote!!! Best of luck to you and your future Wife.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
I gave you a 10 and a bunch of other amnimals 1s lol.

Btw great name for your dog! Sorry about the leg!

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
Can he walk on it? Is he in pain? Poor guy! I voted for him, hope it works out.
We can't really tell. He limps most of the time, but he still bombs around the house like a maniac 8 month old puppy. It doesn't stop him from jumping off the couch, the bed, and up over the back of the recliner even. You can touch it and play with it and he doesn't nip at you, and he doesn't whine about it. The fact that he limps though has to mean it's bothering him a little bit.

Thank you guys all for your kind words and support. We greatly appreciate it!

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
damn man, good luck. it sucks when a pet needs surgery and you just cant shell out the kind of money. cant you get dog insurance now. i would.

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Gave him a 10 man! My gf and I are both AR fools and hate to see stuff like this :(

If the surgery ends up being out of reach financially, would amputation be an option? Surely that would be cheaper - and many dogs lead happy healthy lives with fewer legs. I know it seems like an ugly alternative - but anything would be better than having to put the poor guy down...

Best of luck with the dog and the wedding!