GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you name your cars?

My family has always named our cars. My GTI is called GiGi, which I found quite weird that it's similar to G2G2 Tornado Red, and I named it before even knowing that code. Anyone else name them?

DaGoNeT

Go Kart Champion
Hahahahaha, like in Gone in 60 seconds... :wink:

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
My wife and I have always named our cars. The only car we didn't name is our 05 Lancer. That car has been nothing but trouble. I haven't named the GTi yet. But I will have one soon.:laugh:

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
it is a mandatory thing to name your car! and it has to be a females name no ifs ands or buts!:headbang:

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Could always do the preferred name poll, and people can choose from the list..haha, selection brings the results

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
I usually call my car "The Money Pit" :biggrin:

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
I named my GTO the Big Angry Car because of it's exhaust tone and the fact the the idle was so lumpy, that the car seemed to be itching to just destroy whatever what was in front of it.

GTI's are iconic. My GTI was just "THE GTI"

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
I call mine elGTI:biggrin:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
herrstreet said:
I named my GTO the Big Angry Car because of it's exhaust tone and the fact the the idle was so lumpy, that the car seemed to be itching to just destroy whatever what was in front of it.

I bet that sounds sooooo good :drool: .

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Gotta disagree on the female names only. I used to think that way until I bought my MkIII Jetta years ago. He made it very clear to me that he was a boy-car and not a girl. It was really weird! You get this impression of a car and you kinda talk to it when you're driving, or washing, or servicing. Yongo definitely had a guy vibe and though he was the first, I had little difficulty referring to him as "he" for the time I had him.

Akane though, my Passat, she is all woman. She presents herself rather conservatively to those around her and she attracts only the attention she wants. But get her alone and she's a wild one! Her affair with APR had a lot to do with that. ;)

:bellyroll: LoL! I think elGTI is a boy-car also:thumbup: