GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAM Wheels

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
anybody know anything about these wheels?

MAM A8 style - i know it's a replica, and thats what scares me!! how much do these wheels weigh?? i'm looking @ 18 x 8's with a 35 ET. ( is that the correct ET?)

these with a nice 2.5 inch drop - dopeness..lol :smoking:

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
azmcs said:
ET 35 will not fit a MK5. You're gonna need at least at ET 40-45 to fit. Depending on tire choice and amount of drop. Check out this site, they have A8 replicas in the proper offset:
http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/

tmtuning also has them in 45et. i wasn't sure which one to get. -
the site you sent me too has referbished rims. i dunno, would you get referbished wheels? what if they were bent and remade, obviously they won't hold up to the original strength, would they? unsure about the whole used, abused and repaired bit. any thoughts / objections, or am i just paranoid??

revaudi

Oval Newbie
Lakeshore sells new replicas, not refurbs. People have been pretty happy with their wheels.
TMTuning has ET47 which is ideal, however they are more expensive. The wheels are gonna be 28-30lbs.
Hartmann Wheels also carrys them in ET45, $260 each.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
revaudi said:
Lakeshore sells new replicas, not refurbs. People have been pretty happy with their wheels.
TMTuning has ET47 which is ideal, however they are more expensive. The wheels are gonna be 28-30lbs.
Hartmann Wheels also carrys them in ET45, $260 each.

28 - 30 lbs, ouch. i really would like a pair of lite weight wheels, and i would like to stay OEM ( or as close to OEM look as possible). Not to fond of the OZ wheels. Yet to see a pair that really wow me.

any suggestions for a pair of lite weight wheels with an OEM look? Not looking to spend more than 2k for rims.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Good luck, hopefully they'll be honest. I've tried with some other companies and I got "around something"

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Bad hare said:
I guess i can weigh them myself and ask about a return policy before i buy. if they lied - i'll return.
(i'm buying without the tires)

You would probably have to foot the shipping bill to send them back (read as $$$$$$$$$$$$). Unless you get the to "guarantee" a narrow weight range. Unlikely to get that though......