GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Passenger Seat Rattle

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
Does anyone else have an annoying rattle coming from the rear passenger seat? Perhaps it's the headrest? This is my only major rattle and it seems like I am the only one that has it. Thank goodness I don't have all of the other ones I've been reading about in addition to mine. any other thoughts? thanks.

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
mine does the same damn thing. it is about to drive me crazy, but i do not think mine is the seat. it seems it is in the top rear pass. corner. driving me nutz

griss1310

Touring Car Champion
Have you guys asked the dealer about it? I'm going to when I take it in for my 5k service

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
same here,......sometimes the rear belt slaps the rear trim but thats not the only noise back there......it sucks

bilbos

On the Kop
Try to see if the seat is latched properly (as Davesee mentioned).

Give it a good "slam" to make sure it is seated good and proper. Hopefully the rattle should disappear.

dennykrane

Autocross Champion
i had rattle coming from the back too, i slapped a rubberband around the two seat buckles that are next to eachother and it stopped. i need a figure out a cleaner solution now.

klamyfeat

Drag Race Newbie
I have the same annoyning noise. I think it's the seat buckle hitting the plastic stop on the seat belt. I'll try the rubber band thing...sounds like that might work.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I've got that noise, another noise coming from the front dome light area (seems like it's the sunglass holder thingy), and a weird click from my seat or under my seat somewhere, when I accelerate from a stop.