GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealership Incompetence

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
I'm in the market for a new car and was considering a MKV GTI or Jetta. So on the way home my dad passes by the Dealership closest to me and asks one of the salesguys for a quote on a 2.0T Jetta fully loaded. The guy hands my dad his business card and tells him at the exact same time that he will have to get someone else to do it because he's not quite sure to work out a lease. My dad looks at him and then down at his business card which reads "Sales and Leasing Consultant". This is the same guy who I asked a week ago about all the acronyms that VW uses for their traction control systems and he told me I could find out what each system does while searching vwvortex. So anyways my dad comes home and we figure that the guy doesn't know shit about his product.

After dinner we go back (my dad and myself) and want to test drive the Jetta. It was around 7:30pm or so. Another salesguy helps us and replies to our test drive request; "I'm sorry sir, but our insurance company will not let us allow customers to test drive vehicles in bad weather or when it's dark". Right then and there we knew that this dealership is very Mickey Mouse and are not interested in selling a vehicle. As we're leaving a Jetta pulls in from a test drive with a dealer plate on it and a customer driving. That is complete BS.

I was furious that I wasted my time going to the dealership and receiving the treatment we did. My question would be; is writting a complaint letter to VW of Canada and sending a copy to the dealership head guy a complete waste of time or should I pursue it?

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
don't do what vdubgti suggest, you simply will waste yourtime, and ultimately not gain anything out of blowing up.

Instead, simply go to another dealer, if this one doesn't want your business, go to the other dealer, tell them your experience, and let them know that you would rather they have your business, then someone who doesn't know how to sell cars.

This will get you a long way, and alittle negioating room at the table.

Good Luck!!!

AlphAZender

Drag Race Newbie
Hokietuner said:
don't do what vdubgti suggest, you simply will waste yourtime, and ultimately not gain anything out of blowing up.

Instead, simply go to another dealer, if this one doesn't want your business, go to the other dealer, tell them your experience, and let them know that you would rather they have your business, then someone who doesn't know how to sell cars.

This will get you a long way, and alittle negioating room at the table.

Good Luck!!!

QFT

I would follow up with it as well. The reason why dealers can get away with this nonsense is because most people dont.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
Trust me on this one, if you write a letter the dealership will KISS YOUR ASS!!!! They get payed based on something called a CSI, customer service index. If it sucks, VW won't send them the good cars. Trust me, that little letter means HUGE problems for the dealership. Do it.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Yeah, just send in a letter.. tell them what pricks they are, and they will gladly hook you up!

jeff_faye_lo

Autocross Newbie
I would say, u dont really need to test drive.

just walk straight to the office and tell them the price u are willing to pay. it's a do it or leave.

you are the one who is paying them, so you should be the one leading the whole thing.