GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Five Door

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
I was just wondering what is making the guys/girls wait for the five door. I am not putting anyone down, I was just wondering why you are waiting for the five over the three? Is it room, safety? I think the five door looks good don't get me wrong.

deadhead

Ready to race!
For me, it's a couple of reasons. First, I often drive my 14-year old son and his friends (most of whom are around 6' tall) around; it's a lot easier for them to get in and out of the back seat with the two extra doors. Also, I like having rear windows that roll down, both for the comfort of the rear seat passengers, and for myself, when I drive around with the sunroof open and all of the windows down.

One thing that I've noticed --- in pictures, the 5-door looks bigger than the 3-door, even though I know they've got the same wheelbase. Has anyone else noticed that, or is it just me?

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
JJ-R32 said:
For me it's actually just looks. The 3 and the 5 both look awesome. Just a personal preference for how the 5 door looks I guess. You know what I think it is, it's that I got hooked on the 5-door after seeing pics of the one that I put in my garage for now - http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/mygolf.php?do=garage&id=1

What body kit is on your ride? Looks great!:thumbsup: I wasn't thinking about doing one, but now seeing yours, I may consider it!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

GTI2007

deadhead said:
For me, it's a couple of reasons. First, I often drive my 14-year old son and his friends (most of whom are around 6' tall) around; it's a lot easier for them to get in and out of the back seat with the two extra doors. Also, I like having rear windows that roll down, both for the comfort of the rear seat passengers, and for myself, when I drive around with the sunroof open and all of the windows down.

One thing that I've noticed --- in pictures, the 5-door looks bigger than the 3-door, even though I know they've got the same wheelbase. Has anyone else noticed that, or is it just me?

I've had that impression also. It makes the 5 doors looks so much longer than the 3 door version of the Golf while they are exactly the same car to the millimeter. I also have a sortwise impression with the 3 doors. If you just have seen a 5 door version and then have a look at a 3 door version those 2 doors look really HUGE

DaGoNeT

Go Kart Champion
GTI2007 said:
I've had that impression also. It makes the 5 doors looks so much longer than the 3 door version of the Golf while they are exactly the same car to the millimeter. I also have a sortwise impression with the 3 doors. If you just have seen a 5 door version and then have a look at a 3 door version those 2 doors look really HUGE

I've ordered my car with 5 door for comfort, and because is a few much longer as 3 door version.

Regards!

GTI2007

That's not true. The 3 doors and the 5 doors mk 5 Golf are exactly an identical car. They are both equally long. The 5 doors LOOKS longer than the 3 doors but in real it ain't.

Attachments

• 3 doors Golf.jpg
    3 doors Golf.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,301
  • 5 doors Golf.jpg
    5 doors Golf.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,289

DaGoNeT

Go Kart Champion
I thought that 5 doors was longer than 3 doors, I was confused... :rolleyes:

Really 5 doors seems to be longer... :iono: