GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me decide to get GTI now or hold out for R32/R36

GTi now or R32 / R36 later

• Get GTI now you fool!

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • Wait for the V6 power of the R32!

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Forget the GTI and R32, wait for the crazy R36!

Votes: 12 20.3%

• Total voters

MarlonK911

Ready to race!
I never been a huge turbo fan so I was so happy to see the R32 come out in Europe but now who knows if it's coming to the US :frown: So the question is should I get a GTI now or wait and hope for the R32 or even the rumored R36!? :iono: If I get a GTI and chip it how close to the R32 power will it feel you think?

YenPxxx

Drag Racing Champion
MarlonK911 said:
I never been a huge turbo fan so I was so happy to see the R32 come out in Europe but now who knows if it's coming to the US :frown: So the question is should I get a GTI now or wait and hope for the R32 or even the rumored R36!? :iono: If I get a GTI and chip it how close to the R32 power will it feel you think?

I think the consensus out there is that this car wont make it to North America :cry: Instead we'll probably get the R36 (~280hp!!) as early as sometime in 2007 (as a 2008 mdoel). Can you wait that long or afford it?

Someone please correct me if my info is wrong.

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
I voted to get the GTI now. Its real hard to make buying decisions based on cars that "might" come and who even knows what the price would be then. Get the GTI now, and if the R36 or whatever comes out and it looks like a good price and good engine, then just trade up for it and take the little loss as your having rented a GTI for a year or two.. not bad.

VWnuts

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Marlon just get the GTI now nobody knows exactly when the R36 will show up in north america and the r32 isn't coming here. LIke others say just chip it, lower it and drive it :D In a few years if/when the R36 comes you could always trade in for it. Enjoy life now not later!

MAlby7

Oval Newbie
Get the GTI now with chip, exhaust, intake and suspension you will pretty much have a golf R32 fwd. The new R32 now has about 250hp, very doable and easily exceeded by a few modifications. It will also be cheaper

EK_Turbo

Ready to race!
MarlonK911 said:

Read this thread about the GTI engine being detuned (http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51). :headbang: Convinced yet that the 2.0 can be powered to be as powerful as the R32 like malby7 said?

MarlonK911

Ready to race!
Thanks for your comments everybody. I guess I have no choice but to get a GTI :) Sounds like the GTI can be modded to R32 type power anyway. :thumbup:

Now, time to go GTI huntin' :headbang:

sherif65

250 HP GTI
Car(s)
2006 Tornado Red GTI

The shapes will change in 2009 so i guess you wait...This shape will be old in 2 years !

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
damn this thread is more than a year old lol

Get-a Trek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
1997 Jetta Trek
What are they asking for the R32? Saw projected price for the R36 at $37,000. Way over my head.

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
R36... ROFL!

The R36 is a red herring. Bloggers need to make up stuff to maintain ad revenue on their site.

The R32 is real and can be ordered. If you can afford it, I would get it. Only get the GTI if you can't wait.

HiveMind

Event Horizon
Car(s)
CW 2006 GTI
I would get the GTI and use the money that you would have spent on the R32 towards a ridiculous amount of mods

murcielagoGTR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
91 GTI
The shapes will change in 2009 so i guess you wait...This shape will be old in 2 years !

your point is what?:iono: ........ the MKI GTI is 24yro and its still cool and fun to be seen in. think of it like this in 2 yrs the MKV will just be that much closer to a classic hatch like the MKI:thumbsup: