VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com (https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/index.php)
-   GTI / Rabbit / Golf MkV General Discussions (https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New 2008 GTI owner here! (https://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169355)

3sgtejeff 06-07-2012 08:15 AM

New 2008 GTI owner here!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Sup guys,

Last month my 2010 Accord Coupe got totaled. I got t-boned and then sent into oncoming traffic where I hit another car head on...

It has been a nightmare but I finally got into another car...the GTI...I used to have a Toyota MR2 Turbo and this thing reminds me alot of that car...needless to say...Im happy...

mk5bunny 06-07-2012 10:49 AM

Damn man glad your okay, good luck with the gti!

lightningjack 06-07-2012 11:47 AM

That's one hell of an Accident! Glad you're ok. Welcome aboard and Good luck with her!

3sgtejeff 06-07-2012 12:03 PM

thanks guys...I look forward to one day being able to contribute to the forum with some helpful info

eurocars 06-07-2012 12:04 PM

FSI or TSI?

MkVme 06-07-2012 12:06 PM

Nice came with Votex lip. I spy Brandon VW, I work around the corner lol

3sgtejeff 06-07-2012 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oh yah...it was a hell of an accident...heres the accord afterward...the pictures really dont do it justice...car is too shiny to see the damage well...the metal was shredded and the frame was twisted...you can see the liscense plate of the car i hit straight on stuck in my front bumper...

ouch

Btown GTI 06-07-2012 12:07 PM

Like others have said. That sounds like one hell of an accident. Glad your alright. And welcome to the gti family!

3sgtejeff 06-07-2012 12:09 PM

Its an FSI...and yes...MkVme that is Brandon VW...this thing was certified with 24k miles of warranty and I just pumped it up to 72,000 miles of worry free driving warranty time!!!

Im going to check with the service manager and ask him about mods...I would like to go stage 1, but am afraid of having something break and them blaming the tune...I have seriously bad luck so usually if its a possibility, it is a probability in my case...Hopefully they are tune friendly.

MkVme 06-07-2012 12:15 PM

Not sure if Brandon is, but Reeves is tune friendly. I just do all my own work unless its something too crazy. Timing belt should be fun

3sgtejeff 06-07-2012 12:46 PM

Where is reeves...if theyre cool with a tune ill go there if I ever have troubles...i like to do my own work but I dont know shirt about german cars...ive always had japs

3sgtejeff 06-07-2012 12:47 PM

Btw, I am thoroughly impressed you knew that was brandon by that one picture...i was there for 5 hours yesterday and barely can tell

MkVme 06-07-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3sgtejeff (Post 3372795)
Btw, I am thoroughly impressed you knew that was brandon by that one picture...i was there for 5 hours yesterday and barely can tell

LOL, yeah been there a couple times. Nothing but good experiences with them. I suggest to stay far away from Kuhn. Never actually been to reeves.

You should check out gulfcoasteuros.com

3sgtejeff 06-07-2012 06:35 PM

just signed up

guru442 06-08-2012 05:31 PM

Good to have you aboard here. I also have a United Grey 2008 GTI and love it. To make it more coincidental I also owned an MR2, but mine was supercharged, and this is definitely the most fun car I have owned since the Toyota. One major difference though, this car is built well and has kick ass amenities. Hope you enjoy.

Monkeykungfu 06-08-2012 05:32 PM

guh-ratz!

aw614 06-08-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3sgtejeff (Post 3372793)
Where is reeves...if theyre cool with a tune ill go there if I ever have troubles...i like to do my own work but I dont know shirt about german cars...ive always had japs

Reeves is off 275 off the Fowler Exit so not sure if you want to make the drive there, but they are mod friendly and they do APR flashing.

I heard Bert Smith is mod friendly, but I am not sure, but they are located in St Pete. Maybe someone else will chime in if they know.

Wild Hare 06-08-2012 07:26 PM

OMGosh!

Amazing.

Welcome aboard!

3sgtejeff 06-08-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aw614 (Post 3373838)
I heard Bert Smith is mod friendly, but I am not sure, but they are located in St Pete. Maybe someone else will chime in if they know.

Bert Smith Porsche is down the road I live off of in St. Pete...I'll swing by there sometime

THE KILLER RABBIT 06-09-2012 03:16 AM

all the dealers suck around here and they all will blame the tune. please be carful and make sure you get a switchable back to stock program. also if you want me to vagcom your car i'd be happy to.

kuhn damaged my rabbit, they also seem to force to make parts be purchesed even if they arnt broken.

port richy and brandon vw is owned by kuhn so doubt i'll let them ever see my car.

bert smith is such a smaller dealer that it is run poorly there is no one there etc. they do list the cheapest parts dept tho.

reeves seem to be incompitent as they didnt install my WP correctly and cant diagnose any issue without me bringing in evidence.

fields vw charged sooo much and i think are closed now anyway.

RevoGLI 06-09-2012 04:27 AM

Holy balls that accord is a tank! Glad you're in one piece.

Stage 1 is the best investment. Highly recommend it and coils. Dont forget to keep up on petty maintainance like cf replacement, timing belt and recalls.

Welcome!

3sgtejeff 06-09-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE KILLER RABBIT (Post 3374083)
all the dealers suck around here and they all will blame the tune. please be carful and make sure you get a switchable back to stock program. also if you want me to vagcom your car i'd be happy to.

kuhn damaged my rabbit, they also seem to force to make parts be purchesed even if they arnt broken.

port richy and brandon vw is owned by kuhn so doubt i'll let them ever see my car.

bert smith is such a smaller dealer that it is run poorly there is no one there etc. they do list the cheapest parts dept tho.

reeves seem to be incompitent as they didnt install my WP correctly and cant diagnose any issue without me bringing in evidence.

fields vw charged sooo much and i think are closed now anyway.

dear god...there has to be a decent dealer somewhere??? thanks for the info though...have you heard anything about Lokey??


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.