Barros VeeDub

uhm... wait what?
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
You aren't getting enough blur in there, you basically need to force focus to a certain line in the picture by blurring the rest out.

hope you dont mind

Absolutely not! Do you just play with the line for the focal point? This one looks a little better...still have a lot to learn. need to practice
Tilt Try 3.jpg

Grmncrsnbr

SaurKimchi
Car(s)
2012 Kia Optima
Absolutely not! Do you just play with the line for the focal point? This one looks a little better...still have a lot to learn. need to practice
View attachment 77628

That one is better, what process are you following? I use the quick mask and a gradient to create the focal line. Then I use the gaussian blur and adjust the radius.

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
That one is better, what process are you following? I use the quick mask and a gradient to create the focal line. Then I use the gaussian blur and adjust the radius.

Same, quick mask, the reflective gradient tool to draw the focal line. What I am having a problem understanding is how that line corresponds to the actual gradient you get. Every other one I have tried I made a vertical line, but with the sailboats I made a horizontal focal line. It seemed to let me get the whole mast in the focused portion. I guess that is where you need to play around. Then select lens blur, I'll have to try it with gaussian blur. What adjustments do you make from that preview to increase the amount of blur outside the focal line? Just the radius adjustments? I guess I am not tweeking that enough. It seems PS doesn't add enough on its own. Then I brighten the picture and add saturation to bring out the colors. I still can't get over how well the picture of the airport monorail came out after you got done with it. Awesome. I'll keep practicing.