GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

You know what really grinds my gears...

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
1624711939868.jpeg

...when I order parts and I get the shipping notification and tracking number. Then, when I check said number I get back, “the shipping label has been printed.”

Fuck it pisses me off. Two different retailers have done it this week alone.

I used to work for a sleaze in the SuBaRu (<- that was an auto correct, lulz) world. He would have the shipping guy print the tracking slips a week out to make the customer think we were timely. Then tried to instruct me to tell customers that it must be a problem with FedEx/UPS/USPS/DHL and most certainly not that we haven’t even finished producing the order.

It’s shady, it pisses people off, and it makes me not shop with those retailers again.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I’m assuming you’re referring to ECS Tuning as one of them?

if so, they just did that to me. I ordered something “in stock” last week and then the order went to “processed” and then “picking” (from the warehouse) on Monday.
Well apparently they got lost in their warehouse as they were “picking” the order for 3 days for a IN STOCK item.
Makes no sense

Then it said it shipped, but didn’t actually ship for another day.

They screwed me on another order too a month ago for the first time ever but yeah it’s annoying.
I’m gonna try and take my business elsewhere

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
ECS was one the other week. The two this week was VW Parts Vortex and a camera store for a tablet mount for the broverlanding vehicle.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
printing shipping labels and having the shipper pick it up and get it into their system are two distinct steps. I will say sleaze would fit the printing early thing.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
I ship hundreds of packages to US and CA customers every day; the second I book a shipment (create a label), all the automatic system notifications get sent out to the customer, and to updates in our selling channel. The next update to info on the tracking page happens either when the pickup driver scans the package, or when the local sorting facility does so.

It's just how shipping portals flow tracking information. We use UPS mostly, but it's the same for other carriers, including the postal service if you're logged in and able to print postal shipping labels.

To create a label days before shipping is either greasy, incompetent, or a horrible workflow.

What really grinds MY gears is when a vendor offers (and usually charges extra for) express shipping, but it takes no less time than regular shipping. Because that vendor (I'm looking at you, DSV Creations) is located in some tiny shitsplat town in the middle of nowhere.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I’m assuming you’re referring to ECS Tuning as one of them?

if so, they just did that to me. I ordered something “in stock” last week and then the order went to “processed” and then “picking” (from the warehouse) on Monday.
Well apparently they got lost in their warehouse as they were “picking” the order for 3 days for a IN STOCK item.
Makes no sense

Then it said it shipped, but didn’t actually ship for another day.

They screwed me on another order too a month ago for the first time ever but yeah it’s annoying.
I’m gonna try and take my business elsewhere
When the seller says it's shipped its been picked up by the shipper but hasn't been entered into the shippers tracking yet. So the seller is telling the truth.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I ship hundreds of packages to US and CA customers every day; the second I book a shipment (create a label), all the automatic system notifications get sent out to the customer, and to updates in our selling channel. The next update to info on the tracking page happens either when the pickup driver scans the package, or when the local sorting facility does so.

It's just how shipping portals flow tracking information. We use UPS mostly, but it's the same for other carriers, including the postal service if you're logged in and able to print postal shipping labels.

To create a label days before shipping is either greasy, incompetent, or a horrible workflow.

What really grinds MY gears is when a vendor offers (and usually charges extra for) express shipping, but it takes no less time than regular shipping. Because that vendor (I'm looking at you, DSV Creations) is located in some tiny shitsplat town in the middle of nowhere.

I got the aforementioned slime ball in the Subaru world up and running on quickbooks. I am aware of the workflow through the various POS systems, it’s the marked as “shipped” and such that sends out the email. I understand the desire to print shipping labels in batches then send to the pickers and packers.

I just hate places that sit on orders and not ship timely from the printing. In my experience it was completely intentional. Even if not, it’s annoying as fuck.

D6BB188D-5F48-43AE-80C8-93A986B0654E.jpeg

1624732988095.png

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I had paid for express shipping for my part. I finally called after three days of nothing. Then they tell me they need proof of ownership, I was ordering a new key, then they order from VW. The piece was marked in stock. So dumb.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
When the teenage fuck tard across the street starts his Hyundai Genesis 2.0 with a huge super obnoxiously loud fart can and lets it idle for 30 minutes. He does this all hours of the day and night. He says it takes a long time to warm up.

Fucking idiot

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
When the teenage fuck tard across the street starts his Hyundai Genesis 2.0 with a huge super obnoxiously loud fart can and lets it idle for 30 minutes. He does this all hours of the day and night. He says it takes a long time to warm up.

Fucking idiot
Maybe he’s got forged pistons? They can take a while to heat up

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
...when I’m coming off a cloverleaf interchange accelerating to merge onto the new road, and some ass hat that wants to exit doesn’t fall in behind me. Instead, they push in front of me then drop the brakes to not overcook the turn.

I’m accelerating to not disrupt the flow of traffic, you are slowing down to make the cloverleaf... get behind me you fucking moron.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I ordered some stuff from vortex and it just appeared. Tracking status never changed until it was delivered.