GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

yay autotech...

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
So i got my rear swaybar at waterfest, and i was happy with it. Last month (or so), i noticed one of the brakets were broken, now today as i walk up to my car i see a something hanging from underneath my car... the bar broke! The fracture is the same as the pictures from that A3 (in an old thread), annoying to say the least :mad:!!! Autotech is gonna be getting a call in morning, i wonder what I should do. I know they will send me a new bar, but should i ask for a refund? I'm getting really tired of having problems with this bar, I know they redesigned the brakets but does anyone here know if they redisigned the bar aswell?

edit - since some people posted how long they've had their bars on, my broken bar had been on for about 6 months and somewhere between 6000-8000 miles before it snaped.

Last edited:

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
once again, you get what you pay for.

id suggest an H&R after you get a refund.

after i get my tax return im getting an exhaust and rear sway. is the H&R really worth getting?? i havent done too much research on the sway yet some im just wondering because thats the one i was looking at. any problems???

Geesevs

Interior > Horsepower
Car(s)
07 GTI
H&R have yet to hear ONE bad thing. But it seems the autotech ones aren't doing so well. It sucks because they make good products for the most part

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
ive had my H&R on for a LONG time, ive already forgot when i got it, theres a DIY i made in the forum somewhere.

i have not had one issue with it at all. the teflon bushings are damned nice.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
ive had my H&R on for a LONG time, ive already forgot when i got it, theres a DIY i made in the forum somewhere.

i have not had one issue with it at all. the teflon bushings are damned nice.

did you add any extra grease for the bushings???

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
alright sweet. cant wait for my tax return to come in. another grand going on my car haha

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
i wanted to go with the thickest one in the market, so happened to be Neuspeed and happened to get a killer deal here locally. I used 3m silicon and no problems so far. I am at the stiffest setting, and loving it. Otherwise i would buy H"R which i used on my MCS and liked a lot. Autotech, never used their products, so can't say anything about them.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
good deal

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Well i just got off the phone with autotech, and they once again provided great customer service. I'll have a new bar with new brakets and bushings by the end of the week; if it breaks again then I'll see about a refund.

dtvburns

Tweek
I have a H&R 26mm front (set on soft) and 24mm back (set on firm) no problems at all. I have only about 800 miles on them.